Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Water Fasting and Adrenal Fatigue
Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: November 11, 2007 05:07PM

Is it good to fast when you are already burned out? The information I have read seems to say no. What do you all think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water Fasting and Adrenal Fatigue
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 11, 2007 05:34PM

"Burned out?". I would say that if you are in some kind of energy crisis.....get out of crisis first.....and feel well.....before you put yourself in the 'voluntary crisis' of fasting.

-Fasting is to bring you into contact with internal blockages and deposits.....as well as bring one into close contact with one's emotions. This should be done from a point of relative clarity. Lord knows the first couple of days of a fast are not that clear! LOL.

-Just my opinions.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: daisyduke ()
Date: November 12, 2007 12:13AM

I have adrenal fatigue, and I water fasted for 25 days this summer. I'm still not completely healed of the adrenal fatigue. Still tired and gaining weight despite eating only raw fruits and veggies and no overt fats. I'm completely frustrated and willing to try anything...even another 30 day water fast! I'm surprised my first one didn't leave me with better results. Although I know I can't expect to get well in a day!
How long have you had adrenal fatigue? What are your symptoms?
Love, Tammy

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: November 13, 2007 01:10AM

I've been researching this topic lately too because I'm going through it. So far everything I came across leads to "no" too. I guess fasting gives you energy but that doesn't mean the energy is coming from your adrenals.(?)

I found this post interesting:
[freedomyou.com]

Sounds kind of like what I did. My first 2 30'ish day fasts in 2006 went great. Then this year when I did 2 30'ish day fasts.. even though they were 6 months apart..seems I had more problems than before I started. I think along with cleansing..I just kind of yo-yo'd with everything. Which is also confusing because a few weeks ago when I started drinking wheatgrass juice, it seemed my body was trying to go into a fasting state and I was really considering doing another fast. Now I'm practically forcing myself to eat and drink smoothies and drink juices in between meals.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables