Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

tomatoes = puffiness?
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 13, 2007 07:58AM

I read that eating tons of tomatoes can cause puffiness in the eyes. I also read that someone who craves tomatoes may have an iron difficiency.

what do you think?

i generally suffer from puffy eyes in the morning, and I do eat quite a bit of tomatoes. I think I will cut out the tomatoes for a week and see if I notice a difference.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: tomatoes = puffiness?
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 13, 2007 09:11AM

acid - tomato

alkaline - no tomato

something to mull over perhaps

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: November 13, 2007 11:52AM

I can eat tomatoes by the truckload--if I eat them alone.

but combining them causes me major trouble. puffiness, bloating, distended belly. very attractive...

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 14, 2007 01:06AM

i read that tomatoes are only acid once they are cooked. In the book Eating for Beauty it says they are a neutral fruit. not acid, not alkaline, but neutral.

I can eat a zillion tomatoes, too. Most women I've met LOVE tomatoes like the love for their child. men not so much like women. It is an interesting observation I have observed...

Whenever I buy tomatoes I try to save them so I can put it in a salad or soupe or something, but I never have the self control I just eat them! =)

I have two tomatoes left... after this I'm not buying tomatoes for one week, and I'll report back if there is a noticable difference(or if there is none).

Date: November 14, 2007 06:37PM

When I was pregnant, I used to eat big red ripe tomatoes like apples. I couldn't stop eating them. As for being puffy while I was pregnant......, I couldn't blame the tomatoes.

Posted by: Lejla ()
Date: November 14, 2007 07:58PM

It seems like I`m going to be puffy for the rest of my life smiling smiley
Tomatoes are on my plate almost every day and well...yes my eyes are puffy in the morning, but maybe Shaine`s advice will work so I try them alone.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables