Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fruitarian
Posted by: jan ()
Date: November 13, 2007 01:12PM

Bryan,
and all of you raws out there!
I'm thinking about doing fruits for about a month, just to experience it
How do I know what to eat and if I'm doing it right?
Can you give me a sample of your day.
Do you include sprouts?
Do you mix the fruit or eat mono?
A quick lesson on it will be appreciated!
This morning I'll start out with oranges
Do you ever do greens?
I juice greens but am wondering if you ever do them.
What do you think the difference is between the greens and being fruitarian?
Thanks and I'm sorry for all the questions....
Jan

www.myspace.com/greeneyedvegangirl
GO VEGAN!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fruitarian
Date: November 13, 2007 01:47PM

Go here
[z12.invisionfree.com]

There's no method or rules set my humans, fruitarianism is your natural instinct that is already in you!

The best advice I can offer is for you to throw all your questions out of the window and experience it all for yourself with an open mind, the more questions you ask the more confused your going to get, just do it and enjoy it without stress or confusion, your body will eventually answer all your questions, so do what you like and what feels natural to you and remember that everyone is different!

A Fruitarian and a strict raw vegan are the same, it's just some people don't like to be refered to as Fruitarians, everyone is different and are living their own raw lifestyle, we are all the same just different labels!

Juss ma 2 cents!

F1

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2007 02:02PM by The Fruitarian One.

Date: November 13, 2007 02:11PM

Thanks Fruitarian One!
I kind of felt that but just want to confirm!
I think for the first week I'll do mono and then combine, Just to experiment!
BTW.... You look fantastic! Congrats on your great looking bod!
You are definality the picture of health!
Jan

GO VEGAN!

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: November 13, 2007 02:22PM

If you are gonna do fruits - Just do fruits :O)

Skip the greens, sprouts, etc, because they are not fruits.

Eating Mono is preferred, but beginners can try mixing fruits.
Just use common sense when combining.
Pears and apples make sense, peaches and bananas really don't.

Keep it simple, simple, simple.

Just do it is all. Eat when hungry and till satisfied.
Forget what everyone says and really try to listen to your body and what it desires.

A month is a short time and I wouldn't be too concerned with trying it.
You can always add greens, veggies or whatever at anytime if you are not ready for it also.

Date: November 13, 2007 02:38PM

Thanks Tanawana,

Simple is easier for me too!
I'm vegan but beginning to feel a bit weighted down. I thought maybe this would "give me a lift!"
So mono it will be for a while, Who knows maybe this wmight be my new way of eating!
I just thought I would give myself a month, Sometimes if you set unrealistic goals they are hard to reach so It doesn't nessarsary have to be a month, I'd love to go longer!
Thanx< Jan

GO VEGAN!

Date: November 13, 2007 03:32PM

Jan,

I thought you were already raw...sorry, if your going from cooked Vegan to Fruitarian then I'd be prepared for war, you maybe cool after a few weeks but after that you may have to deal with your personal cleansing period and that is no joke!

Some people claim to never go through any detox symptoms but I believe that they do in some form.

As I state in the videos, you really won't feel the true benefits of the fruitarian lifestyle until your body finishes it's cleansing and your clear of all debris, so if you end up feeling like total crap then remember your going through your cleansing process and you haven't reached the fruitarian lifestyle yet but your getting there!

Watch this vid!
Transitioning
[z12.invisionfree.com]

Detox
[z12.invisionfree.com]

Hope they help

F1

Date: November 13, 2007 05:16PM

Good point F1 - The detox or cleansing differs for everyone too. Some, like F1 have a very, very tough time, others just breeze right through. The detox, in one form or another, is an ongoing process usually that can be very obvious or a subtle steady improvement in health. It can take months, if not years to really adapt properly to an all fruit or 100% raw diet. Even then there is always something new to learn usually.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 13, 2007 07:15PM

Thank you to F1, and the other great posts. I certainly agree.

-In my opinion, one of the 'strongest' and most compentent real-world skills that an aspiring healthy eater can have is the ability to determine and regulate one's REAL WORLD level of detox and crisis. Too little....and we fall the wayside. Too much...and we cannot see the forest for the trees. Well...that's enough cliches for one paragraph! LOL. (Well meaning as they are....)

-Remember that there are no raw food police. Fasting, mono-eating, etc., can be done in a number of ways...it depends on the needs/level of the person. For beginners? I would say that eating all fruit for 1-3 days can be an excellent experiment. Longer times are great for those who know it will benefit them and their goals.

Sample: Breakfast = 2 or 3 glasses fresh Orange Juice. Snack: 2 or 3 apples or 1/2 lb of grapes. Lunch = 5 or 6 small avocados (or 1 large!). Snack = some coconut....or 3 or 4 peaches.......or 1 pint of strawberries. Late snack = 2 or 3 Asian Pears. Dinner = Melon, Papaya, or Watermelon.

-For me...no sprouts...or nuts.....or vegetables...for many years now.

-I eat mono. One thing at a time....and wait an hour or two between meals.

-Your questions are very intelligent! Thank you.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: November 13, 2007 09:20PM

I'm vegan, but have been eating lots of avacados and stuff like that.
I just want to lighten up a bit.
I just wanted to know if there were any rules to "fruitarian"
Today I ate oranges and watermelon, separte of course!

GO VEGAN!

Date: November 13, 2007 09:22PM

That was my question, Do I add sprouts, and nuts.
I'm getting it now! Are avacados OK?
I LOVE them but they seem to be heavy!
Thanx guys!

GO VEGAN!

Date: November 13, 2007 09:40PM

Avocado is classified as a fruit, but high in fat.
You may want to go easy on them for this reason,
as they are a heavier to digest and alot of people go
more for a lower fat approach anyhow.

There are no rules but your own - If it's a fruit, it's most always good.

Date: November 13, 2007 09:52PM

jan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That was my question, Do I add sprouts, and nuts.
> I'm getting it now! Are avacados OK?
> I LOVE them but they seem to be heavy!
> Thanx guys!

Go here;
[z12.invisionfree.com]

Do what you feel is right, at this point if you want to feel full then go ahead and go for the heavier fattier fruits and be happy with it....in time depending on how long you stick at it and how active you are your body will start to dictate what it needs!

Be good and check out the vid!

F1

Date: November 13, 2007 10:38PM

Yea, I think the avacado, Live hemp bread and stuff was weighing me down, It's not bad but I feel better when I feel lighter. Thats why I was thinking about fruit only.
Would it be OK to add the hemp protein podwer? I read about it today. I do light weights at the gym and run so I was wondering if I should add it?
Just want to thank everyone for their opions! You guys are great and this forum is a life saver!

GO VEGAN!

Date: November 13, 2007 11:21PM

Personaly I wouldn't bother with the protien stuff but if it works for you then go for it!

Avo's are fruits too...infact squashes, cucumberspumpkins, etc are fruits, there's more fruits than you think out there...

Be good

F1

Date: November 13, 2007 11:32PM

Really? Thats amazing! I thought they were veges!
Wow That's great! Cause I can still feel like I'm juicing my greens!
Thanks!

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 14, 2007 02:21AM

Hi Jan,

There's lots of good input here. Perhaps during this one month fruitarian experience, you just do it by how things feel. For example, if you are not able to eat enough fruit to keep yourself energized, then eat more meals. Or if you find yourself tired or detoxing, then rest. If you are hungry all the time, then eat more meals more often. If you are feeling spacey, eat more greens to ground. If you find digestion difficult, eat simpler meals like mono meals of fruit.

Whether you do greens or sprouts or nuts and seeds are up to you. For myself, I typically eat 2 meals a days, the first being a fruit meal of 3-6 pounds of fruit, and the 2nd meal usually starts with the same amount of fruit, or sometimes less, followed by a pound of non sweet fruits (cucumber or tomatoes, etc) or head of lettuce or celery. Some days I'll eat some fats when the weather is cold, but usually in the winter no more than every other day, and during the summers I hardly eat fat at all. A couple of times a month I might make a fancy raw vegan meal for dinner, though nowadays its way simpler than when I first started.

Its also worthwhile to put your typical vegan daily menu into the nutritional calculators like fitday, nutritiondata, nutridiary, or Cron-o-Meter, and compare that with the typical fruit daily menus, to make sure that your calorie intake is comparable. A lot of people don't realize how dense cooked foods are compared to raw foods and end up under eating the raw foods and feel hungry all the time.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: November 14, 2007 05:03AM

Jan,
I haven't much experience with a fruit only diet. But there are a few webpages out there by fruitarians.
[www.fruitgod.com]
[www.fruitarian.com]

This one goes into some pretty technical explanations. On some level I think people do however end up taking a leap of faith that its correct.
[hem.fyristorg.com]

Date: November 14, 2007 01:08PM

Hi Bryan,

Good Morning,
I have to say that my first day of fruit only was very successful!
I lost 3 pounds overnight, I know it's just water but I feel great! Woke up full of energy and just lighter! Which is what I was looking for! I may try it for 3 months or whatever but I'll listen to my body and take it from there!
Thanks for the advise...
Yesterday I ate all mono, Drank lots of watermelon juice. Even though I am vegan,
I've just felt weighted down probably too much fat.
I'll be checking in from time to time with an update of my journey!
By the way, I experienced no hunger at all yesterday, I'm keeping a diary just to remind myself for later on down the road.
And yeah, I think I'd record everything in "fitday" Thanks Bryan!
Peace to all
Jan

GO VEGAN!

Date: November 14, 2007 01:09PM

Thnaks Mislu,
I'll check it out Appreciate it!
Jan

Date: November 14, 2007 02:19PM

Glad to hear it, keep on keeping on, just remember that your now in your transitioning period and your detox/body overhaul is yet to come!

Be good, have fun and get active!

F1

Posted by: brome ()
Date: November 14, 2007 11:22PM

The spaceyness one might feel is in my experience an outright symptom of starvation. While greens are in general helpful; many need grass juice to fully supply the needed nutrition and end the spacey feeling. As balance is brought to the digestive system and body the need for grass fades.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2007 11:29PM by brome.

Date: November 14, 2007 11:27PM

Thanks,
I'm a wheatgrass juicer, Haven't done it in two days, but I'll include it.
Just wrote in my journal, I'm feeling good and full of energy!
Only felt hungry once today and the feeling passed quickly!
I have the kitchen stocked with different fruits, & I'm learning about new fruits!
Thanks for the "wheatgrass" advise!
Jan

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: November 17, 2007 03:22PM

wow, I eat fruits everyday as diet not as cleansing fast, lol

You will do great, really great. I say do melon fast only melons. something easy, juicing oj is too hard twenty times a day.

or eat all grapes or something

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables