Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Chart
Posted by: jan ()
Date: November 14, 2007 01:44PM

Where can I get a chart or something to let me know approx. how many carbs, calories, how much protein and fat I should be getting a day?
Just an approximate would be good!
Thanks in advance
Jan

www.myspace.com/greeneyedvegangirl
GO VEGAN!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chart
Date: November 14, 2007 06:27PM

[spaz.ca]

I love this website, you have to download it. (I got this from Bryan)

Date: November 14, 2007 07:35PM

Thanks I'm heading there now!
Jan

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 15, 2007 12:16AM

Jan,

Rosalind Gruben gave me this rule of thumb for calorie intake:

Take your weight in pounds, and multiply it by 10. Then add 300. For each hour of activity like walking you do, add another 300. For each hour of activity you do like running, add 600. So if you weighed 120, and walked for an hour, your caloric intake might want to be:

120 X 10 + 300 + 300 = 1800 calories.

This is just a rule of thumb. You may require more calories, or after you've been raw for a while, less calories.

As for fat intake this is very debatable. The Standard American Diet, with is very high fat, is roughly 40% fat, 15% protein, 45% carbs. Most people, when they go to a vegetarian or vegan diet, maintain these ratios. And the Standard Raw diet, the ratio might look like 60% fat, 10% protein, and 30% carbs. This is very unhealthy.

On the raw diet, you don't have much control over protein, and as it turns out, that isn't a problem. But fat is the main lever. In my opinion, 40% fat is a very high fat diet. 30% fat is a high fat diet, 20% fat is a moderate fat diet, and 10% fat is a low fat diet. Most Americans on a SAD diet would disagree with this, as they are eating 40% fat.

If you start with 20% fat, that is very healthy. I did this at first, and it took me 2 years to get my fat to drop to under 10%, which it did so effortlessly. You need to find what is comfortable for you, and over time, if you watch it, your fat intake will fall.

Date: November 15, 2007 01:50PM

Bryan,

Thanks so much! This is exactly what I'm looking for, I want to compare what I'm eating and my intake to what it is suppose to be. I'm keeping a journal on fitday.
So far, fruit is great! I feel good! Lost a few pounds and have lots of energy as I travel on to day 3..... I'll keep you posted!
:~) Jan

www.myspace.com/greeneyedvegangirl
GO VEGAN!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables