Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

anyone dropped a shoe size?
Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: November 15, 2007 10:04PM

this is more of a weight-loss question than one about raw food, But since going raw almost 6 months ago, I've lost over 50lbs. This has been great and i enjoy buying some new clothes for my new body, but I also seem to have dropped an entire shoe size. My feet look the same as before and they never seemed to look "fat" anyway, but I can't think of any other explanations. I know many folks on this board have lost a lot of weight, so I'm wondering if this is common.

Thanks and Aloha

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: anyone dropped a shoe size?
Posted by: badawie ()
Date: November 15, 2007 10:27PM

mmm..I find that I lose 'weight' on my feet when I stop eating salt. I have therefore dropped almost an entire shoe size in the last three months without really losing any weight!

I know you live in a tropical climate, but have you ever noticed your shoes seem looser or tighter depending on the season? I never buy winter shoes in summer and vice versa because I find the heat makes them swell...just a thought..

and congrats on the 50lbs!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2007 10:27PM by badawie.

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: November 16, 2007 02:16AM

Yes. I've lost a 1/2 size since losing weight on raw.

I wish I could lose some hand size too. I have manly sized hands.

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: November 16, 2007 02:32AM

My shoe size changed, too. :-) I went down 1/2 a size. My feet were noticeably puffy before raw and now they are beautiful and "normal" looking! Losing that stored water on my feet was one of the first changes I noticed, I think.

Congrats on getting healthier!

Love,

Gypsy

Posted by: uti ()
Date: November 16, 2007 02:47AM

Hi Greg,

I lost most of my weight when I went vegan and started doing intense hatha yoga. I grew an inch and went UP one shoe size. I was contracted from all the weight, repetitive motion work, stress, and lack of exercise. Lifestyle changes and becoming raw have resulted in increased vitality, freedom from all the little ailments that used to plague me and the weight staying off.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 16, 2007 03:18AM

hehe i have gone up half size in shoe size as well ... i think ..like Uti says ..

i used to be so tight and furled ..now im unfurling lol tongue sticking out smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: November 16, 2007 04:29AM

With pregnancy I went up and then down after. I went down a 1/2 size more since raw. It is interesting you went up Uti and Jodi. Way to unfurl!!!

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: November 16, 2007 05:42AM

I thought I was going crazy!!
this has happened to me and I thought I was really losing it...I just didn't make the connection with raw food, salt, etc. ha!
really glad I saw this post.

however, the trouble is, I already have a hard time finding shoes in a 5---now a 4&1/2? eek.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: November 16, 2007 07:44AM

I was a UK 7..now a 5 1/2 or 6... annoying most of my shoes are too big!! lol

Posted by: RawsomeButterfly ()
Date: November 16, 2007 05:46PM

When I was doing well on raw, I could fit into a cute pair of ankle boots I have. Then I didn't do well on raw for about a year, and I couldn't fit into them. Now that I've been raw again I can fit into them just fine. I think my feet were swollen.

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: November 16, 2007 06:34PM

Wow, Once again it's great to wake up and check this board and find out that i'm not going crazy!

Interesting, Uti and Jgunn that you have both gained some foot size. Uti, your post makes me want to remeasure my height, as I have been feeling taller (but that could just be my spirit finally standing proud). I've just started doing some basic yoga and i feel like that (along with losing my 20+ year beer gut)has drastically improved my posture.

Badawie, interesting point about seasonal change... I used to live in Vermont where the seasonal change is drastic, but i never noticed it there... probably because I never paid much attention to my body then or because I had to buy bigger shoes to accomodate extra thick socks. Here in Maui, the only seasons are mango season, avo season, etc..

...and Shaina, since going raw and losing the weight, i've had the opposite experience. I have a good friend who is petit like you and has to buy her "cool shoes" online from sites that speciallize in kids sizes...such a pain. I was always too large to find anything. Now I can finally find clothes and shoes that fit. My shoe size has gone from US size 13 down to 11&1/2 or 12 which gives me so many more options. My pants have gone from a 40"-42" waist 34" legs, to a 34"waist & 34"legs and for the first time since 9th grade I fit into a large shirt...not XXL! I was never into clothes shopping before because it would always make me feel gross. Now I'm enjoying it...epecially after a few friends gently (and not so gently) hinted that I was looking great, but when I wore my old clothes I looked like a little boy trying to wear his father's oversized shirts.

The cost of a new wardrobe is another raw expense that I am happy to pay!!

Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences. The kindness and compassion of my fellow raw foodies is inspirational!

Posted by: cy ()
Date: November 16, 2007 08:18PM

I too, went up. I was 5'6 and now I am 5'8'' and my shoe size got 1/2 size bigger.
Until now I thought I was getting weird and now I do understand. Thank you a lot.

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: November 16, 2007 08:21PM

we're all getting a little weird. don't you think? ha.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: November 17, 2007 12:53AM

Yes, I dropped 1/2 to 1 shoe size and my feet got narrower. That's tough. Try finding small women's shoes in narrow widths! The have smaller shoes in wider widths but not narrow. Also, I grew 1/4 inch in height and my breasts got bigger and then bigger again. LOL. My eyes continue to turn blue, too. So going from A/AA to DD. Depending on what is measured. Fortunately, (I think), I didn't lose any points on my IQ. LOL.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: November 17, 2007 03:09PM

I dropped 2 feet sizes...

I went from 8 to 6 1/2 I am much happeir with smaller feet.

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: November 18, 2007 02:18AM

wow
I'm enjoying this forum a lot!!!!
and that tread is fascinating ...
I too should say that I didn't make the connection with raw food when I realized my shoe size was smaller.
Just would like to have blue eyes now LOL
Cynthia

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: November 18, 2007 04:54PM

I think I lost two ring sizes too. I am the smallest size ring 5

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: November 18, 2007 05:21PM

This has been a great read, I have lost about 90 pounds since june this year.............. I can wear some shoes that I was unable to wear due to being over weight. My feet do not hurt any longer. I have noticed that I have a better posture. My shoulders and back don't hurt constantly due to so much excessive weight I was carrieing around. As for my eye color well my eyes are hazel in color yet the last time I looked at them in the mirror they had more vibrant specks of color in them and the whites of my eyes are not as blood shot. I am haveing less eye problems. I still have a ways to go in my weight but I feel so great since I have been raw. I can't wait till this march when I turn 50 I hope to be raw for the rest of my life. Life is so much more better raw than cooked.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables