Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw while abroad?
Posted by: minou33 ()
Date: November 18, 2007 06:38PM

I am planning on leaving next year to live and work in s. Korea for a year. I am already getting anxiety about what I will find to eat. Here, I have my organic produce, my raw nuts, my vitamix. There I will be starting all over..and am not sure if I will even find organic produce.

I am not going to change my mind about going because I don't want food to interfere with my living life--but I was wondering if anyone here has been over to S. Korea (or asia) and can tell me from a raw foodie perspective what it will be like over there? Or how did you manage to be raw in a foreign country?

I know here it is fine to be a hard core health nut in New York City..but there I feel like it will be much less acceptable and people just won't get it...

[minou-minou.blogspot.com]
myspace.com/summer33ny

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw while abroad?
Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: November 18, 2007 08:22PM

A friend of mine who lived in Japan and Thailand for a total of six years, who isn't raw/vegan told me that he had a lot of trouble finding vegetable salads. He said that one time he went to, I think, an Outback Steakhouse in Bangkok for the salad because he was craving a salad so much. At various times during his six year stay he did not have kitchen facilities so could not buy vegetables to prepare in his living space. He said that he had no trouble finding lots of fresh fruits but that, in his experience, Asians in Asia don't eat a lot of raw vegetables (with some exceptions).

I thought it was kind of funny how my meat-eating friend was craving salad. However, like my friend said, if you can buy the vegetables and have a little space to prepare them, you will be ok. Sometimes my friend had to depend on others for meals and couldn't control what was put on the plate in front of him. That's problematic.

I hope you can fill us in with how it goes when you get there.

Lee

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables