Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Please treasure grains
Posted by: blue_sky ()
Date: November 19, 2007 12:54PM

Hi all,

I know this is a raw vegan forum, and people on this board see cooked foods as toxic to our body. But what I wish to say is that, nevertheless, foods such as grains are still the fruit of painstaking labour of farmers. Although that grains may not be as healthy as raw fruits and vegetables, grains can be fed to the dying children in Africa and they'll be able to thrive in a much better condition than their present state. So please don't waste the foods you're eating now, even if it happens to be non-raw vegan foods.

All the Best,
Wong

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Please treasure grains
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 19, 2007 01:10PM

I hear you. No one is stopping farmers from growing grain (as a matter I fact....they probably get subsidies).......and no one is stopping our government or private agencies from giving that grain and other assistance to African (and other) nations. So it's all good. I'm just not doing THEM any favors by making myself sicker...mentally or physically....so I don't.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 19, 2007 02:21PM

>please don't waste the foods you're eating now<

but wong, what if we're Not eating that? we're not wasting it, just not buying it!

you know, guns are the effort of some painstaking effort but i'm pretty sure that won't inspire me to support that industry either.

not quite sure what your point was with this thread.

Date: November 20, 2007 12:05AM

Hi coco,

I see. =) Surely I'm not encouraging any of you to eat grains. The message I wish to deliver is that even if we avoid eating certain foods, we don't have to trash them.

For example, we are all vegans here right? We don't eat raw/cooked eggs, but everytime we see them, we don't throw them onto the floor and step them. We don't do it because it has a life within them and we cherish lives. We also don't drink milk, but we know that it's still valuable for other living beings such as calves.

As for grains, it's not easy to obtain them. It goes through a long process before we can buy them in stores. It may not be the healthiest food on Earth but at least it allows the person who consumes it to thrive and at the time it doesn't involve killings of animals, therefore they're still far from the extent of useless.

BTW, why there are people out there who encourage people who don't eat vegetarian diet to at least stop eating beef and dog meat? This is because cows and dogs are useful animals for human beings, and we don't slaughter them for foods after they have contributed so much for us.

Have a nice day!

All the Best,
Wong

Re: Grains Aren't All That
Posted by: D'vorah ()
Date: November 20, 2007 12:59AM

Date: November 20, 2007 01:18AM

i'm still confused. are you saying that people shouldn't physically destroy grains when they see them? i don't think any of us are out there lighting fire to fields of wheat. or are you saying that people here shouldn't tell others that they beleive grain to be an unhealthy food?

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: November 20, 2007 01:33AM

He's just saying not to trash grains too much. Although they are not an optimal food, surely they could help those people who are starving.

Date: November 20, 2007 04:44AM

Hi David Z. Mason,

Sorry I missed out your post tongue sticking out smiley. Thanks for the reply! I just know that it was made just 16 minutes after I posted.winking smiley

Hi D'vorah,

Thanks for the info. :-)

Hi coco,

I think WorkoutMan has pointed out what I wanna say...

Hi WorkoutMan,

Thanks for the clarification. I think that you'll make a great team with The Fruitarian One. =)

All the Best,
Wong

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 20, 2007 07:01AM

what do vegan zombies eat?

---GRAAAIIINS!!!

Date: November 20, 2007 07:13AM

ILoveJen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what do vegan zombies eat?
>
> ---GRAAAIIINS!!!

Lol, that's a good one! =)

All the Best,
Wong

Posted by: ferg ()
Date: November 20, 2007 02:40PM

Grains ARE living foods..... if you SPROUT them!!!!

Date: November 20, 2007 04:13PM

WorkoutMan Wrote:
> He's just saying not to trash grains too much.
> Although they are not an optimal food, surely they
> could help those people who are starving.

ok, now i don't get what this has to do with raw foods. i am entirely missing the point of this thread.

ILoveJen Wrote:
> what do vegan zombies eat?
>
> ---GRAAAIIINS!!!

you are hillarious.

ferg Wrote:
> Grains ARE living foods..... if you SPROUT
> them!!!!

you're right, of course. i don't love sprouted grains myself but that's certainly a better way to eat them.

D'vorah posted some good links about grains above.

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: November 20, 2007 07:13PM

i have never heard anyone here trash grains. just because we choose not to eat them does not mean we are trashing them.

i have also never heard anyone here say that starving people should deny themselves grain because it is not optimal food.

so when i read this i was kind of like......????????????????????????

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: November 20, 2007 07:36PM

I'm kind of confused by this thread too...
I think the people here are motivated to become healthier and enjoy the free exchange of ideas about diet, nutrition and lots of other things too. I have learned so much from everyone here, and yet eventually, it is up to each one of us to make our decisions about what we put in our bodies. I don't that sharing information about the negative effects of certain foods is "trashing" them. There have been several instances where I've been a bit disappointed to learn that a certain food that i enjoy may not be as good for me as i would like, but still, I'm the one who eventually must decide to eat it or not. I don't think anyone here would trash another for eating grains... maybe for eating a bacon-double-cheeseburger, but not a raw and vegan food.
Personally, I feel like the elimination of grains (especially wheat) from my diet has had the most positive effect on my well being. I might have had some sort of alergy as described in the links above... all I know is that i feel so much better without them. but that's just my experience and i'd never trash someone for eating and enjoying grains.

aloha nui loa, Greg

Date: November 20, 2007 11:58PM

Hello coco, pihourova and MauiGreg,

Yes I think it's unnecessary for me to bring up a topic like this since no one here is wasting their foods at the first place. Haha, maybe I'm just oversensitive about certain things.

It's good to know that most of you are having great improvements on raw. Keep that going! =)

All the Best,
Wong

Posted by: dream earth ()
Date: November 21, 2007 04:03AM

I agree with people like coco in their responses to this thread, but I also want to say that I definitely -do- support activists destroying fields of genetically modified corn, as such non-food seriously threatens the way of life, livelihood, and health of us all, farmers or not. African nations have, also, refused "donations" of GM corn and other grains, so people should not be growing it "for starving children in Africa," who could just as easily be fed from organic, heirloom seeds if the point was actually feeding them. Monsanto (et all) is given legal permission to destroy the crops of peasants which have, unwittingly, been cross-pollinated with their frankenplants when they refused to pay royalties, so GM crops are fair game.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2007 04:10AM by dream earth.

Date: November 21, 2007 03:50PM

alright, i agree with that. radical, yes, but the spread of gm seeds is insidious and needs speedy action.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables