Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

HELUP ME!!! Not eating enough of the right food....
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 20, 2007 09:10PM

I need, I think, nutrient dense foods that also have alot of calories. I'm juicing but that neglects the calories. I'm eating hemp seeds for protein. I have no idea what else to do, I don't want to eat, in general, b/c of my bloodsugar. If I don't eat enough calories, my body thinks I'm starving and my bloodsugar goes wacky. Insult to injury really. Love, Tabitha

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HELUP ME!!! Not eating enough of the right food....
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 20, 2007 09:23PM

I hear you. Fruits and nuts are generally higher in calories than many vegetables. Eat large and regular meals - along with small meals of fruits or nuts every 2 hours if you are having blood sugar issues. Keep a bag of assorted pieces of fruit in a bag in your desk - and grab a snack throughout the day. Just a couple of suggestions/opinions.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: November 20, 2007 09:26PM

I know for me, I like to eat a few seeds and/or nuts usually everyday. I especially like unhulled sesame seeds for their concentrated nutrient levels, and I usually eat 1/4 to 1/2 cup a day. I always buy nuts and seeds organic only. If they're not organic, they make me very sick.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 20, 2007 10:32PM

Nuts? Have ya'll been talking with my husband? =) I'll give it a try. Thank you David and Suncloud

Posted by: sciencegal ()
Date: November 21, 2007 01:40AM

Tabitha--

Do you know how many calories you are currently getting? I found that when I first started eating raw that I didn't eat enough because of the large volumes of foods, in part because I didn't realize how much more food volume-wise I needed to eat and in part because my stomach hadn't adjusted and expanded enough to accommodate the large volume of food. Try tracking your calories. The best sources of lots of calories are fruits and fats (e.g., avocado, nuts, seeds), so try increasing both. If you're juicing lots of vegetables, veggies are low in calories, so try adding some more fruit to your juices. See if you can eat an average of 400 calories per meal (e.g., 4 bananas or 6-7 oranges) and work from there. In case it might help, this is what I'm currently doing:

Meal 1: ~ 400 cal fruit + 1/2 pound greens = green smoothie (~450 cal)
Meal 2 (2 hrs later): ~ 400 cal fruit + 1/2 pound greens = green smoothie (~ 450 cal)
Meal 3 (2 hrs later): handful of nuts (50 g), 1/2 avocado or coconut or small piece of raw chocolate, 1 tbsp flax, 1 cup of beans or sprouts, a handful of other veggies (~ 800 cal)
Meal 4 (3-4 hrs later): 250 cal fruit + 2/3 pound greens = green smoothie (~ 350 cal)

In the beginning, it might help to chart your food intake.

Best Wishes smiling smiley

Posted by: sciencegal ()
Date: November 21, 2007 01:44AM

P.S. Greens and fats also slow the rush of sugar into the bloodstream, but juicing increases the rush of sugar into the bloodstream. Try smoothies or blending foods instead of juicing.

Best Wishes smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables