Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

oj/tangerine juice fast?
Posted by: michelle80 ()
Date: November 22, 2007 01:39PM

hi all,

i've been raw for almost a month now and LOVE IT. i've done a few juice fasts before, and i've done the master cleanse twice in the past. i'd like to start incorporating one 3 day juice fast a month into my diet...i love the way i feel after a fast!

problem is, i really cannot afford a juicer right now. however, the oranges and tangerines here are so amazingly juicy, all i have to do is stick a fork in a half and twist and it gives tons of juice. has anyone here ever done an oj fast, and can you tell me what the benefits might be?

thanks!

michelle

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: oj/tangerine juice fast?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 22, 2007 01:49PM

Opinion: The real benefit of a fast is what you are NOT eating! LOL. You give your digestive system a HUGE rest with a nice.....voluntary...light fast of juice or water. A citrus fast CAN be very cleansing and helpful. Here in Central Florida.......I don't exactly consider it fasting! Ha! ha! Just enjoying the abundance! smiling smiley Happy Thanksgiving.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: November 22, 2007 09:31PM

I live this way 24/7 ha,ha, I sometimes go whole seasons in a row on OJ!!!

The thing I would say is if it feels right then go for it, try not to impose it on yourself....also you may go through a harsher detox depending on what's going internally, that rest may give your body the chance to do some serious cleaning!

Be good and take care!

F1

Posted by: michelle80 ()
Date: November 23, 2007 12:26PM

cool, thanks guys!

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: November 26, 2007 01:55AM

there is an oj fast on this fruitarian's site Anne and Cappi

[www.fruitgod.com]

facsinating humm

Posted by: uma ()
Date: November 27, 2007 04:21AM

Thanks for that link. It's inspiring to see someone having so much fun doing these mono diets.
Love,
Uma

Posted by: uti ()
Date: November 27, 2007 05:45AM

Michelle,

You don't need to spend big bucks for a fancy juicer to do citrus. My roommate and I have been using a cheap Black and Decker Citrus Mate juicer steadily for over 2 years and it is holding up so far to the heavy use. It's the best buy for the money and performance I've experienced from my years of fancy gourmet cooking to the present. At one time I had a $200 juicer with the citrus accessory and it didn't work as well. I easily dismantled the adjustable pulp strainer from mine to get all but the largest chunks of pulp.

You can buy one for about $15 at Target, True Value Hardware stores or other discount stores.

As for the experience of the fasting: F1 and D Z Mason, have said what you need to know. Now have your own experience and let us know how it goes.

Posted by: pineapple girl ()
Date: November 27, 2007 06:39AM

why not just eat the oranges? just mono-eat oranges, it sounds like a simple solution, plus less of a blood sugar rush from drinking the juice.

at least thats what happens to me, i get too quick of a blood sugar rush from juice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2007 06:40AM by pineapple girl.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables