Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw chocolate
Posted by: wrenbrrd ()
Date: November 24, 2007 03:50AM

Where do you get it, & how do you make it sweet? Have you ever found it in stores, or do you have to order it online? Is agave suitable as a sweetener, or does it taste like a strange combo? I crave chocolate (about once a month, ahem...), & also would like to have some during the holidays. Thanks!

-Wren

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw chocolate
Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: November 24, 2007 05:03AM

Hi Wren, I always have found it in my health food store as a powder or as "nibs" (which are little bits of the beans, but it's always referred to as Cacao... I think chocolate is the name for the finished product.
There seems to be differing opinions as to whether it's truly a "raw" food, but I love it every now and then as a treat. I have always used agave to sweeten it and I think it's a great combo. Usually I'll mix it with a bit of coconut butter and agave and then pop it in the fridge to let it harden again. This tastes great, but you can't keep it out of the fridge in a warm climate or it will melt really quick.
If you do a cacao search through the forum archives you'll find a lot of posts on the topic. Many people seem to have a very strong reaction to it, thankfully I'm not one...but I still only have it once in a while.

Aloha, Greg

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables