Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

oranges
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 25, 2007 07:14AM

are magic. I've decided they're my new fav food. I love how they make me feel better then any other food. they rock. what is it about these little guys that are so awesome?

oranges give me superpowers<3

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: oranges
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: November 25, 2007 08:52AM

I miss those. I used to drink a 16oz glass first thing in the morning and it was the best thing ever. I don't know if it was the "sugar high" or what but they were just awesome.

I'm stuck waiting until January until they're in season again. Plus I need a new citrus juicer. sad smiley

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: November 25, 2007 11:25AM

Yes, they are magic. I have at least one every day. I get withrawal symptoms if I should have to miss a day.

I am really enjoying the local seasonal red navels right now. The are 4/$1.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 25, 2007 03:20PM

Yup. They are awesome. Full of sunny goodness. Red Navels are the best.....and maybe the honey tangerines. Heh..heh...

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: pineapple girl ()
Date: November 25, 2007 06:12PM

red navel oranges?

never heard of them? are they organic, are they safe to eat conventionally? (like have they been overly sprayed?)

i find that i have to eat oranges whole. as much as i enjoy fresh squeezed o.j. it sends me into "sugar shock".

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 25, 2007 07:09PM

what of blood oranges, when do they come in season?

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: November 26, 2007 01:51AM

I ate 7 oranges today cut in quarters

Posted by: azrael ()
Date: November 26, 2007 02:27AM

I am craving them like crazy right now too. I don't know how many tangerines I have eaten today.

Posted by: pineapple girl ()
Date: November 26, 2007 03:01AM

coconutcream, i think thats awesome that you ate those 7 oranges, whole, but quartered.

i like to mono eat one fruit at a time, and when i do it can be alot, like 2 whole pineapples in the course of the afternoon, or 2 whole pineapples for dinner after a long day at work, when no good food was available.

do you ever feel guilty like you "pigged out"? i try to get over that feeling because i am tall and very skinny.(meaning i am not worried about my weight)

do the clerks at Whole Foods ever say, "wow, what are ya gonna do with ALL THOSE ORANGES?" now that i think about it i guess they dont because i think you buy yours from street vendors, or farmers market, (i sometimes read your blog).

i am now craving navel oranges and thinking about eating them as a mono fast for a few days,
(waiting for my mouth to heal from the raw pineapple, and i still have a few more on my kitchen table).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2007 03:03AM by pineapple girl.

Date: November 26, 2007 04:16AM

yea people tell me that all the time. like what are you going to do with all that fruit, and i look at them like wtf why are you looking at me like I am some kind of piggy i weigh like 110? ?_? lol

that's probably just me though sometimes i feel like I eat a ton and I feel like maybe I am a little piggy so i feel like people think that too. Whatever who cares as long as you feel good. I also feel like I'm SUPPOSED to be 5'7 and rich and blonde, but I'm not so who cares. =P we are all different, and that's what makes us beautiful. we all come from the same place and end up there in the end<3 it's not a race.

Posted by: uma ()
Date: November 26, 2007 05:35AM

Often when I would buy a few days' worth of watermelon at the store, the clerk would think i was having a party. Well, I guess in a way I was, just with myself!
Love,
Uma

Posted by: Azura Skye ()
Date: November 26, 2007 04:14PM

I kinda feel greedy and guilty too.
My local healthfoods shop is quite small, and they only get one delivery. And I keep buying them out of stock pretty much!
I cleared all of their clementines - but hey, at least there's plenty of onions and garlic for other customers, right? heehee

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: November 26, 2007 09:45PM

One time when I felt, physically, that I needed to fast, I couldn't because of my work schedule. I just can't fast when I have to work a lot. Instead, I mono ate organic oranges for two days. I felt so energized and clean. It was like the energy of the sun was in the oranges.

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: November 27, 2007 06:04PM

I've been including the orange seeds in my smoothies--just quickly peeling and dumping the orange into the blender. Does anyone know if consuming orange and lemon seeds is unhealthy? I have been consuming both for a few months, and I can't find any information on the Net stating that they are/arnen't healthy to consume.

I'm thinking a few days of eating only oranges sounds lovely!

Love,

Gypsy

Posted by: ericajones80 ()
Date: November 27, 2007 06:43PM

I love oranges, they're the most refreshing food on Earth. I can get back from a workout and eat one and its like drinking a glass of water!

For My Health The Fruit Company Fruit Baskets

Posted by: uma ()
Date: November 28, 2007 02:35AM

Lee, thanks for sharing your experience with the oranges when you felt the need for a fast but weren't in a place to take down time. Maybe I'll play with that!
Love,
Uma

Date: November 28, 2007 08:47AM

i read in a book (wish i could remember which one!!) that as long as the seeds are organic they are very nutritious.

Posted by: veganathlete ()
Date: November 28, 2007 05:23PM

I love oranges but dont eat them a lot because they tend not to settle too well sad smiley Well, I got sick this week and I have been craving oranges like crazy - they are basically the only thing I have eaten the past few days. I am thinking that my body needed the high vitamin C content.

Yeah but oranges are pretty amazing :-)

Date: November 28, 2007 05:50PM

f1 told me once that oranges are super cleansing so sometimes if people get sick it is a detox symptom.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: November 28, 2007 07:02PM

mm I love them!! Have been eating 1-3kg a day smiling smiley yummy

I just dragged home 4kg for tommorow hehe smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables