Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

dehydrated!! help!
Posted by: redstar_38 ()
Date: November 26, 2007 06:26AM

I am living in southern California which is very dry and I have been feeling very dehydrated lately. should i concentrate on eating more juicy fruits and veg. or will drinking more water help? should i avoid fruits that are not as juicy, such as bananas?
I am concerned because I have noticed that my eyes and sinus passages have felt very irritated and dry lately.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: dehydrated!! help!
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 26, 2007 07:47AM

i'm in so cal, too. lots of wind lately, eh? =)

do you eat a lot of fats? I find fats (even water soluable ones like avo and coco meat) to be very dehydrating.

do you eat lots of starchy foods like potato or carrots? I find those to be slightly dehydrating as well.

just eat tons of fruits. Do the green smoothie thang. Oh yea and chomp on that melon half with a spoon, yum!

spit out those seeds in the soil so the watermelons grow in the ground and not in your tummy. =)

Posted by: redstar_38 ()
Date: November 26, 2007 07:51AM

nope..i don't eat any fats(such as nuts/coconuts)..i feel much better this way...i eat mostly fruit and greens...i guess i need to eat more of them tho!

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 26, 2007 08:01AM

i've actually read somewhere that watermelon seeds were good for you to eat. I just spit them out cuz it's fun. =)

I find that if i don't eat fora couple hours my pee is more yellow then if i am constantly eating.

some people drink tons of water, but i'm never thirsty. i only drink water when I can't eat, but fruits are very plentiful around here. I'm not sure if that's good or bad or how much water we're supposed to injest. I read that you have to drink a ton of water, but i never get thristy for water..

i find i stay hydrated longer from eating a tomato then water. I think it might have to do with that the tomato stays in you longer then the water which just goes through.

Posted by: uma ()
Date: November 27, 2007 04:19AM

Isn't there lots of good citrus down there right now? That's nice and juicy. when i eat enough juicy fruit, i don't usually get thirsty for water. But if i eat a lot of bananas or dates, I need to drink water as well.
love,
uma

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables