Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cayenne Pepper tincture and benefits/ warming the body?
Posted by: zspencer ()
Date: November 26, 2007 05:29PM

Anyone using a Cayenne Pepper tincture for circulation or to warm the body. I'm just too cold most days!

I found this link through one of the websites I subscribe to:

www.therawdiet.com/cayenne.html

It advocates a homemade cayenne pepper tincture and how it warms the body.

Anybody with experience on using cayenne?

thanks,
Z Spencer

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cayenne Pepper tincture and benefits/ warming the body?
Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: November 26, 2007 10:11PM

When i feel cold I warm some water and drink that.

david

Posted by: vegcase ()
Date: November 27, 2007 12:56AM

I've read about cayenne pepper's benefits... and want to start drinking it myself in water, daily for awhile. I think only between 1/4 and 1/10 teaspoon.
But MY QUESTION is.... do I use the same cayenne pepper that comes in the seasoning jar to sprinkle on food??? I have some in the pantry... it's sold in the spices aisle?
There is no difference, right?

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 27, 2007 06:28AM

when i am cold I jump on the trampoline. =)

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 27, 2007 06:34AM

The warmth you feel when you eat cayenne is your body trying to eliminate an irritant. If you stay raw long enough, this will no longer feel good and your body will give you pain when you eat cayenne. But if you like it, go for it. And if it hurts, perhaps you don't need to do it.

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: November 28, 2007 03:32AM

Wow Brian, That's interesting. I used to be a huge spicy food eater. Habenero peppers would barely affect me. Today I had a green papaya salad and the woman asked if I wanted it spicy, so I said "Sure!" Man, that was a mistake! Definitely NOT the pleasurable experience that I remember from before I want raw. I won't be doing that again.

Posted by: badawie ()
Date: November 29, 2007 12:02PM

I like the supposed anti cancer properties..but I guess if you're raw you don't need it then anyway..

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 29, 2007 07:14PM

I like cayenne pepper powder, I add it to my green juices. Those are some neat videos in the first post!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 03, 2007 01:04AM

Interesting article I just found by herbalist Dr. John Christopher. A few weeks ago I was feeling a pain in my heart area and it was difficult to take a deep breath. I had never felt this before. I mixed a spoonful of cayenne powder in a shot of water and drank it. The pain instantly disappeared.

Quote from Dr. Christopher:

> "One herb that is a must to have around for times of emergency is Cayenne - in either bulk or extract.

My 88 year old grandmother lives with us and called me the other night saying that she was having a heart attack. I went running down the stairs with the Cayenne extract, squirted two squirts into a glass of water and had her drink it down. She laid down to rest for about half an hour and when she got up she said she felt fully rejuvenated and felt like it had never happened.

I left the Cayenne extract by her bedside so that it was closeby if she needed it again. A teaspoon of the powder mixed in water will work as well. Cayenne taken in this manner is hot, but the unpleasantness will go away in a few minutes. The 40,000 hu. is suffiecient for medicinal purposes, but hotter cayenne is available for those who can handle it. Capsules are available for daily maintenence use for those that don't want to enjoy the taste, but for emergencies use the powder or extract.

It is important for everyone to learn how to take care of themselves and their families. This scenario could have been quite different had I not known what to do to stop the heart attack. Another thing to note is that cayenne will stop a stroke as well as stop the damage from strokes happening. I know way too many people who have died or been otherwise affected by strokes. A bottle of Cayenne extract will fit easily in a purse or pocket, well worth it to have it if needed...."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2007 01:06AM by Bryan10.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 03, 2007 01:22AM

MauiGreg,

I had that same experience at a Thai restaurant when I was first going raw. I thought I could handle the chilis in the Som Tom, but I was quite wrong.

This weekend I went to Cafe Gratitude and had their special of the day. They put cayenne dressing on the salad that was part of the special, and I couldn't eat it, it was too hot. But they were nice about it and let me trade it in for something else. If you ever go to a raw restaurant and the food is too spicy for you, please let them know and they will probably exchange it for you.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 03, 2007 03:45AM

hi bryan 10

i am glad you learned about cayenne pepper and how it can prevent a heart attack ( or if someone is in the midst of one, it can curtail it)

i tell people to put some powdered cayenne pepper when they are on a plane cuz you don't have much of a medical access when you are thousands of feet in the air and its a good thing to have if you see someone looking as if they are having a heart attack

i also heard that warm water is best

this little remedy has been around for a long time

i first found out about it when i read the book " left for dead"

and how the guy who had atriple bypass recovered from his surgeries

and then he went on a rampage with the cayenne thing

and now he has his own company that makes cayenne that is specifically for heart conditions ( or something like that)

well, i read the book a couple of years back so i am not sure if he still does this but anyhow, the title is correct

cool stuff for emergencies and whatnot

i think the compound is called capsicain or something like that

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables