Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Watercress green smoothie
Posted by: gary ()
Date: November 27, 2007 10:00AM

I had a geen smoothie yesterday containing lots of water cress. It didn't agree with me and I spent much of the day on the loo! (or so it seemed).

Is water cress a poor choice?

I suppose it could have been something else I ate that gave me the toilet trouble.

Gary

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Watercress green smoothie
Posted by: michelle80 ()
Date: November 27, 2007 11:55AM

i know what you mean....

i don't know much about watercress, but i tried it in a green smoothie once too. it was too spicy! it actually burned deep in my throat for awhile after i drank it, kind of painful.

i'm stickin to spinach, romaine, and mint leaves in my smoothies. smiling smiley

Re: Watercress green smoothie
Posted by: khale ()
Date: November 27, 2007 12:16PM

watercress smoothies are one of my favorites. you can't use too much of the watercress though, or yes, it will be too peppery and rich on the system. a small handful will do.

because I don't yet have a high-powered blender I'm limited to what greens will blend smoothly and so watercress, spinach and baby greens are my staples. Try the watercress blended with papaya and a banana...this works very well for me and its delicious.

khale

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables