Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Orange Juice Diet
Posted by: daisyduke ()
Date: November 28, 2007 06:19PM

Has anyone ever done Storm's Orange Juice Diet? For two weeks, nothing but orange juice. I'm thinking about giving it a go because I have some weight to lose. What were your experiences with it? Do you strain it, or leave the pulp in there? Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Orange Juice Diet
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 28, 2007 08:00PM

I've done similar. If fasting (and in general)...I prefer to strain the pulp. Normally though - it's not a big issue. Fasting on Orange Juice and citrus water is VERY cleansing - and should be done responsibly and with awareness.....and as a very voluntary gift to one's self.

-In my experience, the most eficient and easy to clean is one of those cheap electric citrus juicers where you grind the orange on a central spinning piece as the unit spins. You can pick them up at local thrift stores for a song.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: November 28, 2007 09:53PM

Thanks so much for your help, David! You are always so kind!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 28, 2007 10:32PM

I don't recommend the orange juice diet. It is way too high in sugar.

Stick with the recommendations of the raw food doctors such as Dr. Brian Clement and Dr. Gabriel Cousens. They recommend the Green Juice Diet.

The Green Juice is made of Celery, Cucumber, Leafy Greens, carrot, beets, and other vegetables. You can live off the green juices.

One glass of fresh orange juice a day is excellent. I wouldn't recommend drinking more than one glass a day, you need more variety.

Date: November 28, 2007 10:44PM

daisyduke Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anyone ever done Storm's Orange Juice Diet?
> For two weeks, nothing but orange juice. I'm
> thinking about giving it a go because I have some
> weight to lose. What were your experiences with
> it? Do you strain it, or leave the pulp in there?
> Thanks!

ORANGE JUICE DIET!!!...ha,ha,ha....that's just a plain ole juice fast....here's my personal opinion...

It doesn't matter what fruits you have on a juice fast, what's more important is being aware of all the junk that's inside of you that will want to come out once you stop putting junk inside you, what ever you do, just make sure your willing to handle any emotional and physical purges that follow!

Personally I would only do it if you feel drawn to do such a thing and not just as a method/quick fix to lose weight, there could be many reasons why you have access weight and if they are not addressed first then there's a good chance your just going to be gaining it back later on down the line, especially if your new to the raw food lifestyle.

I don't know anything about you so I'm assuming you're new to the raw lifestyle or you wouldn't be asking, so please forgive me if I'm way off!

I wish you all the best

F1

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2007 10:57PM by The Fruitarian One.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 28, 2007 11:42PM

F1 is certainly correct. Fasting is a TERRIBLE way to lose weight. Stick to eating healthy...and simply...and the weight loss will come.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: November 29, 2007 12:23AM

Hi everyone!
I'm not new to the raw lifestyle. I've been following 811 for almost 2 years. I did a 25 day water fast this summer under Dr. D's supervision. I have adrenal fatigue, and I'm gaining weight like crazy. This despite eating mono meals most of the time... Also eating loads of nonsweet fruits. I think this may help with the weight loss. If not, I'm all out of ideas. Thanks for the help!

Posted by: sciencegal ()
Date: November 29, 2007 12:39AM

Hi Daisyduke,

Try more greens--about a pound a day or more--and exercising more (if you don't exercise already). I think they'll help. If you're eating mono meals all the time and something's not working, I suggest not doing a mega-mono meal, i.e., the 2-week orange juice fast. If you did a ~ 1 month water fast, and you're now gaining lots of weight, maybe your body thought it was starving then, and now is trying to store up as much weight as possible. Also, if you build more muscle, you'll burn more calories. Have you rebuilt your muscle lost after your long water fast?

Anyhow, I can't emphasize enough to try to eat more greens, whether tender spring greens, or the tougher ones like bok choi, parsely, kale, or dandelion. How much greens do you currently eat? What do you eat on a daily basis? It wasn't until I increased my greens intake to 1.5 pounds that I really started feeling amazing (though I still felt great on raw before!)

Finally, just want to echo DZM and F1's advice to avoid more drastic changes and just stick to eating healthy. I'm on my second year raw, too, and I think my big lesson of this year is just to be patient and let my body take it's time, because it knows what it's doing and improvement will come. So many times I tried to speed things up only to find it really difficult to try to achieve something, and then suddenly when my body was ready, it just painlessly overnight took care of things. Go figure smiling smiley So yeah, just want to echo the sentiment to just focus on slow gradual changes, rather than frequently fasting and mono-eating.

Best Wishes smiling smiley

Posted by: uti ()
Date: November 29, 2007 03:38AM

Daisyduke,

There's so much more to healthful living than just the food. Plenty of sleep, fresh clean air, sunshine, avoiding stress, meaningful work, fulfilling relationships, physical exercise and recreational activities to name a few things that are necessary to bring one into a high state of health.

In my own process I could not have made the shifts I'm experiencing without addressing the whole being.

Given what you've shared so far something in your life is not in balance given that you've been following 80-10-10 for nearly 2 years. What is causing the adrenal fatigue? Are you still consulting with Dr D? What does he say?

Date: November 29, 2007 12:34PM

uti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Daisyduke,
>
> There's so much more to healthful living than just
> the food. Plenty of sleep, fresh clean air,
> sunshine, avoiding stress, meaningful work,
> fulfilling relationships, physical exercise and
> recreational activities to name a few things that
> are necessary to bring one into a high state of
> health.
>
> In my own process I could not have made the shifts
> I'm experiencing without addressing the whole
> being.
>
> Given what you've shared so far something in your
> life is not in balance given that you've been
> following 80-10-10 for nearly 2 years. What is
> causing the adrenal fatigue? Are you still
> consulting with Dr D? What does he say?

Yeah, I was thinking the same, if you not a newbie and you've been following Dr D for a couple of years, etc and your still having issues, then there's obviously an internal issue that still needs resolving by a pro, either way I wish you the best and I hope you get it sorted out.

F1

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: November 30, 2007 08:07PM

Maybe a thyroid level check may make sense. Adrenals and thyroid issues are linked and if you are hypythyroid that may explain things.

The very best to you, sorry you are going through this and kudos for keeping yoru spirits up

cocoa

Date: December 01, 2007 07:26PM

Thanks for all of your help.

I developed the adrenal fatigue when my father got sick. I "slept" on a hospital cot next to him for two years. Then my mom died unexpectantly. My parents died within the same month (also got married and starting work that month). Then I started exercising way too much without enough rest. I've since stopped exercising (except light walking). I go to bed around 9 and get up at 7. I'm still tired, though. I'm an elementary school teacher, and I'm on my feet at work all day.

It is frustrating to be so restrictive with my diet and lifestyle and not get results. I'm heavier now than I ever have been (even when I lived on alcohol, cookies and ice cream!).

I know that I'm doing the right things, but I'm not a great advertisement for the low fat raw vegan diet. I define 'crazy' as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Well I keep getting the rest I need and eating raw fruits and veggies and expecting something different...I suppose I need more time?

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: December 02, 2007 12:24AM

hi Daisy

If i may offer this advice....see a different medical professional.

If I get work done on the house I get 5 contractors to give me a quote and advice.

your body isn't a house it's a temple, get more advice.

Just my opinion, I intend you will be happy and healthy.
love

dc

Posted by: cy ()
Date: December 02, 2007 01:03AM

Hi Daisyduke, sorry about your parents.Must have been very hard for you.One of the most difficult lost in life is the lost of a parent and you had twice as much.
Really sorry about that.

I have adrenals problem too because I used to drink a lot (i mean 1 gallon) of coffee a day.Do you believe that?That was 10 years ago,but it still on me,on my colon,and I'm doing a lot of colonics,and enemas and it looks like it is helping me a great deal.

Best wishes and don't go hard on yourself,maybe you need to grieve,cry and rest.
Tears have a chemical on it that makes us feel good after crying,and if you don't cry the chemicals stay in your body.
Could you take a small vacation and be with yourself for a while?

Cy

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: December 02, 2007 04:35AM

Hey there Daisyduke,

Sorry too, to hear about your parents...all that stress in one month! I can't even imagine. That is horrbile. As far as a OJ fast, I used to do a lot of fresh raw orange juice - that was pretty much my breakfast for two years, along with some banana and apple. Then when I did the Cleanse and Purify Thyself cleanse I really got into the OJ and I developed a dark itchy spot above my right breast that lasted for almost two years. I also started getting a burning sensation around my mouth. Not sure what's up with that... but ?? Who knows - just listen to your body and try it and if you feel you need something else, go for it! I'd do more greens though... that's been a catalyst for me to discover that. I am trying to go raw again... been there before but didn't realize I probably had type 2 diabetes and ate too much fruit! No wonder I felt bad! Let us know how it goes!

-Angie

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: December 02, 2007 05:21PM

daisyduke

My advice is: trust your instincts, do whatever you think would be best and least stressfull for you to do.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 02, 2007 07:01PM

I'm so sorry Daisy about your stresses, and the loss of both parents! I can empathize as I lost my only sister and then my mother within a year of each other. It's harder than you think it's going to be isn't it?!

Try iron, high doses..like 3-4 tablets spaced out thru the day, (you can do several small very green juices if you don't want to use supplements). If you try the tablets, and they work with giving you energy within the first 3 days, you know you need iron, then you can do the green juices if you don't like the tablets. I did the tablets for a year, during which time I found raw foods. But it was a noticeable difference in 3 days of taking the tablets. Cheapest is fine, I took the 365 mg. tablets. They never constipated me. I started slow and worked up to the 4, then tapered off after a year.

Raw foods, as much raw foods as you like, with lots of fresh salads, or green juices or green smoothies, which ever gives you best digestion (salads were hard for me at the start), all the fresh fruits you could ever want, and if you think should I eat another one??..go for it..eat it until your satisfied. Fresh juices, or fruit smoothies, you can add things like coconut water, coconut meat, nut butters, powered flax seed, flax oil, powdered kelp etc..in the smoothies. Drink herbal teas, try different ones, many are things like detox tea, digestion teas, etc..experiment and have fun..mix them too! My fav right now if fresh squeezed lemon juice, with peppermint tea and raw honey or blackstrap molasses.

Massage the heck out of you tummy, staring with slow movements until you get comfy doing it and your belly softens up then you can knead it like bread dough..and you'll feel all the knots, and junctures, turns, etc..and it will be good for your digestion, and for the internal organs too. Get down as far as your hips, and where legs meet the trunk as those cords in there lead from kidneys to bladder. Massage bladder gently also. I do it in the morning before getting up and at night when I get into bed, and in the bath tub too, but less in the bath. It's a work-out.

I'd also say, if you are sitting someplace for lengths of time, to sit on a fully filled exercise ball..that's all..just sit on it. It takes your core muscles to work in keeping you seated and you don't even notice you are doing it, pretty soon you are doing hula motions on it to loosen up your spine and hips..it's great!

If you are full of toxic waste and I believe that even skinny minny's can be full of toxic waste that is glued to their digestive tract, try taking magnesium tablets, start at night, because they have an the effect of loosening the bowels and elimination is demanded on it's own time, as in first thing in the morning. I am still taking magnesium and I've done the nighttime thing for at least a month, yes..I think I started end of October and now I'm taking them in the daytime, up to 3 grams a day. It's cleaning out the inside of my colon, I've shed liver and gall stones, and am getting rid of some kidney debris and or stones. My colon and small intestines are working much better and I'm less hungry due to the fact that I can assimilate better the nutrients from the foods I do eat.

For last but certainly not least, is bragg raw unfiltered organic apple cider vinegar (has to say it has The Mother in it), take that as 1-3 T a day, as salad dressing, in applesauce, or warm water with honey and or lemon. I use it in my bath water on occasion 1-2 cups and soak in that, I eat it, drink it, and use a mix of it with water for hair rinse.

Oh, and depending on where you live, get some or at least one full spectrum light bulb and use that to get the needed light to help fight the winter blues. There's lots of info. on full specturm, and you don't need to spend more than between 6-$10.00 for a bulb to get benefit.

Take care,
Love,
Prism

Date: December 02, 2007 07:35PM

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll certainly start trying them. Thank you, also, for caring!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables