Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: where ya from?
Posted by: cy ()
Date: November 30, 2007 10:41PM

I'm from Brazil,Minas Gerais,but I live in White Plains,NY.

Hi Rainforest,how is Acre? Oh my!!You are in the Amazonas Forest.Do you like it there?Must be so humid now in the summer.Does it rain every day at 2 pm?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jan ()
Date: November 30, 2007 11:55PM

Hi

I live in Hialeah, Which is really Miami. We have some vegan communities here, Some on SOuth Beach, In the Grove we have Glaciers Farmers Market. 2 Wild Oats and a Whole foods. A Vegan rest. called Garden of Eatin, AWESOME! and some vegetarian places. The weather is nice but really... The summers are a killer with heat!
Jan

www.myspace.com/greeneyedvegangirl
GO VEGAN!

Posted by: rainforest ()
Date: December 01, 2007 04:34PM

Hey cy
Acre only knows 2 seasons: wet and dry winking smiley We've just entered wet season so it'll probably rain almost every day from now till april, usually in the afternoon or early evening. For this reason we call this period winter (even though it's technically summer). Humidity can be as high as 100% so yeah it's super humid.
Still, I adore it here. People are simple and genuine and the natural environment is beautiful. For a raw fooder it's paradise as long as you don't mind the animal biodiversity in your own backyard smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 01, 2007 05:09PM

I'm from Glasgow, Scotland. Seriously no raw scene around here and I don't have anybody I know who's doing the raw thing sad smiley

Date: December 01, 2007 09:23PM

I'm in Chicago. We have a couple raw places.

Posted by: wrenbrrd ()
Date: December 01, 2007 09:39PM

birth to 15: Brooklyn, NY
15-18: Jersey shore
18-22: university dorms, southeastern PA
22-26: back at the Jersey shore
26-29: norCal (in an ancient redwood tree!)
29-31: Huntsville, Alabama
now: Raleigh metro area, NC

My fav by far was the north Cali coast. It is paradise in every way imaginable! I plan to get through school & move back there.

Date: December 02, 2007 02:35PM

lollypolly where abouts in Glasgow are you? I am living in Dumbarton at the moment.

Date: December 02, 2007 07:27PM

paddy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> lollypolly where abouts in Glasgow are you? I am
> living in Dumbarton at the moment.

Hey Paddy

I'm in Shawlands. Quite new to the raw thing so I've been practically living online for support and info. A raw diet in Glasgow/West of Scotland - I'm an alien from another planet it seems smiling smiley

Posted by: cy ()
Date: December 03, 2007 04:28AM

Hi rainforest,Amazon forest,
wow!! you like there. When I was a child we use to say to people that we were from Rio Branco-Acre and they were scared of us.Just a joke because it is sooooo far away,humid,all the animals and evrything.
great that you like it,the nuts,coconuts must be wonderful.have you seen a sucuri?a giboia?tarantula? the people there are very nice that I know,very simple.

I understand about the rain season because dec throuh march is the rain season in my state too.I miss so much that warm rain,so strong and the temperature goes to 100 F (40 C),I miss that. It is so beautiful after the rain everything gets green,and the sky so blue...well,good luck. looks like you are having fun there.
please,say oi to everybody for me.

Date: December 03, 2007 10:01AM

Hi,

I'm originally from Ankara, Turkey but been living in Dubai, United Arab Emirates for about 2 years. Here it's a desert and there is very limited local produce but it's easy to find almost all fruits and veggies in all seasons as they are constantly imported from US, Australia, Netherlands, etc... There is quite an organic variety as well.

Probably not the optimum conditions to be raw but I discovered the raw journey here by myself 14 months ago and I'm very happy that even in a desert one can be a raw. So far I only met one other raw vegan being purely by chance during my holidays - at least now I know that raw people don't only exist on the websmiling smiley

Sometimes I wonder how great it would be to have several friends with a similar way of life and mindset plus perhaps a few raw vegan restaurant options - if that's not being too demanding smiling smiley I am very happy to have discovered a wonderful, positive and supportive online community as this one. The support and knowledge coming from this forum is amazing and extremely motivating!

With love, Esin

Date: December 03, 2007 01:37PM

Hi Lollypolly. Shawalands, lol I have played football there a few times against Shawlands Academy. Lol yeah it can seem that way at first but if you look hard enough you find that Glasgow is just perfect for beeing raw.

Paddy

Date: December 11, 2007 02:52PM

Hi Paddy

Tried to pm you but I think your inbox is full to bursting! Off on hols for a few days so I'll try and pm you when I get back.

Have fun

Em

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables