Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Digestion problems
Date: November 29, 2007 03:57PM

My mother drinks milk and eats dairy, but no meats. She asked me if milk/dairy is the reason she's having bad problems with her digestion, or could it be something else? Is there any information I can give her showing facts and reason why it is milk/dairy?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Digestion problems
Posted by: Azura Skye ()
Date: November 29, 2007 05:35PM

At the age of four, humans stop producing the milk digesting enzyme, lactase - as nature no longer intended humans to drink milk past childhood.

you could show her this - although not directly related to digestion, does show some scary facts about milk!

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: frances ()
Date: November 29, 2007 07:16PM

Though milk can cause problems, there are any number of other things that might causing be your mother's trouble. If she's willing to consider that dairy might be the problem you could suggest to her that she give up the milk for a trial period of a few weeks. Three weeks isn't a big commitment, but if it makes her feel better she may be willing give it up long term.

Posted by: ani{: ()
Date: November 30, 2007 05:38AM

I agree with the frances, have her do a trial and not drink/eat any dairy. 3 years ago, after years of abdominal discomfort, i gave up all dairy cold turkey, and i've had relief every since. Also have her try warm water with fresh squeezed lemon juice, it will help you clean out (i read about it in 'Become Younger.')

Good luck,
ann

Date: November 30, 2007 02:00PM

thank you, I sent your replies to my mother and I'll see if she takes your suggestions! Thanks again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables