Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

College Search
Posted by: veganathlete ()
Date: November 29, 2007 05:07PM

Hello Everyone,

I am currently planning on transferring colleges. Well, while I was searching for colleges with good Architecture programs, I thought that I should give my raw lifestyle a consideration.
Currently where I am studying, it is very difficult for me to get a good selection of fresh produce (really no local stands) and the closest health food store (no produce really) is 45 minutes away (I do not have a car). Everyone around here is all about meat eating (hunting, etc...) - they think I am crazy for being raw. They always ask me, "When was the last time you ate something normal?" lol...they just dont get it.
I understand that no matter where I go, there will always be opposition to my lifestyle, which I am perfectly fine with because I am feeling healthy smiling smiley But it would be nice to attend a college where produce is more available and maybe cheaper (poor college student - having a hard time affording food) either through the cafeteria or local farmer markets.

Also, I would prefer to stay closer to the east coast but it is not a necessity.

So, any suggestions would be highly appreciated ;-)

Thanks,

veganathlete

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: College Search
Posted by: shaine ()
Date: November 29, 2007 05:27PM

hey veganathlete

I went to RISD in Providence. I went veg'n when I was 18, and it was real easy there. The students are all real liberal and pretty down with alternative choices. There are two whole foods within walking distance of the campus. (less than a mile). There are also a few gourmet grocers around. I don't know about raw restaurants, but poor college students don't dine out anyway, right? My brother is studying architecture in Pittsburg, and wants to transfer to RISD. Good luck with credit transfers wherever you go.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Posted by: veganathlete ()
Date: December 02, 2007 08:56PM

oh my goodness i could not even imagine having two whole foods stores in walking distance. Yeah definitely no need for restaurants - too poor for that...lol smiling smiley Thanks so much - i will definitely check out RISD ;-)

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 03, 2007 01:19AM

PETA's best veg-friendly schools:

[www.peta2.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables