Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Budgeted organic foods!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 29, 2007 06:18PM

Hey! I am interested in switching over to natural / organic diet as my doctor says that I should as soon as I can. I am looking for affordable natural or organic food to cure myself as I do not have too much money. Someone please help me out! Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Budgeted organic foods!
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 29, 2007 10:02PM

Just a quick note / opinion:

-If you have not eaten predominantly fresh, raw plant food in the past....remember that eating Organic.....although desirable....is not a pre-requisite rite of entry for regaining health. Just focus on eating more fruits and vegetables....that you acquire. Here are some tips:

1) Shop at many stores...and buy what's on sale.
2) Find small produce shops that will give you deals.
3) Ask neighbors that have fruit trees for their excess.
4) Sprout your own sprouts.
5) Forage for wild greens or fruits.
6) Grow your own greens and herbs.
7) Warehouse stores (like Sams Club) CAN be less expensive on some items.
8) Get a girlfriend/boyfriend to feed you - they usually will.
9) Get a part-time job loading on some mornings at a local produce stand. They'll appreciate the help...and you'll get all kinds of freebies.
10) Hit the 'scratch & dent' section of stores - when they have them.

-Just some tips.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 01, 2007 02:01PM

Organic food is not so costly anyway. But to cater for your budgetary needs you may like to visit [www.organicauthority.com] and I am sure you will reach a page you have been looking for. Cheers!!

Posted by: Fud ()
Date: December 01, 2007 03:21PM

David,

Thank you so much for the realistic alternatives for starting raw foods. It seems that often times the poor folks dilemma is lost on those who've already gotten used to the raw food and the effect of eating less over all.

I whole heartedly agree that we need to cut the chemicals found in much of the non-organics, but also enthusiastically agree that even switching to raw versus cooked is a step in the right direction. I'm the classic example of we don't get there in one big leap no matter how we try. Those who can go 100% raw organic living foods overnight are wonderful but the exception and not the rule.

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I don't feel so bad taking the steps I've taken now smiling smiley.

[rawfoodtrip.blogspot.com]
[jugglingforjoy.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables