Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

ENERGY LOSS...HELP!!!
Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: December 01, 2007 02:12PM

I dont know whats going on other than Im so TIRED every day and I cannot have that at work!! Every thing I do is a burden!!! walking up stairs, getting in my truck, climbing in and out of my truck ,all of which I do daily, its my job!! I mean I have energy but its in spurts and not consistant enough. I couldnt wait to get off work tonight my god I just want to go to BED!!! at freikin 530 pm!! This is just during the day, in the morning I have no problem running but I get to work and its like I shut down. I ve been 23 days RAW now since my 14 day fast late october. and im beginning to doubt this raw thing because before i had mass energy, you couldnt stop me!! now im just BLEH all the time!! I have had stomach issues for 2 days now and cant eat and the MERE THOUGHT of food makes me nautious all though I havent gotten sick but many close calls here lately. I think its the sprouts because I have been eating a lot of them, not tossing them on salads but eating the sprouts themselves as a salad, plus tonight i threw a bunch out because they smelled funny. I let them sprout up till they look like grass sometimes, like 3 to 5 days because I cant eat them fast enough!! and as I was throwing them out tonight I noticed they smelled funny along with dry heaves while discarding them!! good lord today i just wanted to go grab a freakin hamburger and give up i NEED MY ENERGY BACK!!! I dont want to throw away months of fasting and changing my life but i swear i felt better 80 lbs heavier and eating fast food ,meat, etc and i dont want to go back!!! My family and friends are worried and i have lost much muscle mass i feel weak and weighed i tonight at 164 so i thought i finally stabilized because i maintained 168 now for almost a month and damn if i didnt drop another 3 lbs my friends say Im bony and when they give me hugs etc im told im really bony and what happened to my muscles good grief. I went from a 40 inch waist a year ago to a 31 now
damn i dont recall wearing 31 inch pants other than maybe 6th grade!!
im scared a little and nervous!! So what now?? go to a dumb ol doctor so they can tell me im stupid and take their drugs?? i think not!!Crap maybe im detoxing because raw is supposed to be a detox in itself i dont know!! i dont know but i need to regain vitality because its affecting my job and friends and family as well as my own piece of mind. there is too much more to put in this message but i just know im freaking out here and i make sure i get 8 hours of sleep each night, i go to bed at 10 and get up at 6 sometimes i go to bed at 9 and get up at 4 or 5 but for the most part its 8 hours nightly, during the day I eat fruit and vegetables and not so much grazing anymore but now eating more at once more times a day but lately its been just sprouts because im a little broke till after christmas so i cant buy more fruit and veggieas. Now you all know my sleep patterns and eating patterns whats going on ???????
roadrunner

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ENERGY LOSS...HELP!!!
Date: December 01, 2007 03:39PM

sounds like your doing great to me, you have no energy because your body is doing it's job and using every bit of energy to get rd of all the debris and waste that's it's had to store inside you over the years....the body doesn't know anything about you having to go to work or having to look good, all it knows is that your no longer putting crap inside you and now it can go to work on repairing the years of damage done and start getting rid of all the junk, you may need to help it out by doing cleanses because a lot of peoples bodies are no longer in the condition to handle such a titanic task!

Yeah going back to cooked foods will make you feel better for a short time because you will be stopping this cleansing process....but after a while you'll be back to realising why you went raw in the first place....

I don't know anything about you but from what you described it sounds like your just going through your own personal detox process, so don't panic, just accept it and move on, at this point it won't be nice because now your getting down to the nitty gritty, also bare in mind that this process may take months/years but will get better as time goes on as long as you stay on the path!!!

I made some vids on the subject and they may help, check em out here.
[uk.youtube.com]

Be good

F1

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 01, 2007 04:40PM

Opinion:

I agree with F1. It sounds like you are trying to accomplish things at a pace that is not right for YOU. Go back to a way of life that you are VERY comfortable and content with....and set VERY small goals from there. Crisis, cravings and unhappiness are NO firm foundation for a lifelong habit of healthy eating.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: December 01, 2007 05:00PM

I think if you want/need to eat more fruts and veggies but can't afford it this is a problem, maybe add healthy cooked foods until you can afford the raw foods you need to be healthy. I find that I really need to stuff myself to get enough calories to feel good sometimes! Or, maybe play around with more "hearty" raw foods (nuts, oils) and see if that helps. Good luck!

Date: December 01, 2007 05:12PM

Many thanks F1!! I am still watching your videos and theyve definately made me feel better, I appreciate this. I will continue experiminting things that work for me and continue RAW and excercising, thank you, for all the opinions on this post I needede the boost!
roadrunner

Date: December 01, 2007 05:14PM

In my opininion and experience... you can eat all you want and clog yourself up so you feel "good" but at the end of the day you still have to face the music and go through your personal cleansing process, your detox/cleansing has nothing to do with food, there's too much focus put on food, your detox is about your body cleansing itself and undoing the damage done by cooked foods, it's my opinion that's it's harder to do that if you keep giving it other jobs to do like digesting more food....yeah, if you wanna feel good then do what you gotta do but in terms of getting through your detox/cleansing period you gotta make some sacrifices because it will probably be the most hardest and most confusing thing you've had to ever do but as I said as time goes on things will get clearer!

Getting out and active will help you way better than using food to comfort you.

Juss my humble opinion!

F1

Date: December 01, 2007 05:19PM

roadrunner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Many thanks F1!! I am still watching your videos
> and theyve definately made me feel better, I
> appreciate this. I will continue experiminting
> things that work for me and continue RAW and
> excercising, thank you, for all the opinions on
> this post I needede the boost!
> roadrunner
I'm glad they are helping, I went through exactly the same thing as you and there was nothing that I could look to in those days to explain what I was going through, but just know that everything is going according to your own personal plan and that it's going to be rough but with patients and compassion towards yourself it's all going to be ok, just make sure your having fun and finding what works for you!

The key is cleansing and exercise/play, find what activities you love doing and do them intensly!!!!

F1

Date: December 01, 2007 05:20PM

davidzanemason Wrote:
> Opinion:
>
> I agree with F1. It sounds like you are trying to
> accomplish things at a pace that is not right for
> YOU. Go back to a way of life that you are VERY
> comfortable and content with....and set VERY small
> goals from there. Crisis, cravings and unhappiness
> are NO firm foundation for a lifelong habit of
> healthy eating.
>
> -David Z. Mason

Hey Dave I like the way you put "opinion" at the top of your post! ha...I think I'll hi-jack that one, hee, hee!!!

F1

Posted by: greenpower ()
Date: December 01, 2007 05:48PM

What did you eat before your fast? Fasting is OK after a period of optimal nutrition, but not such a good idea without any preparation before. It can take a lot out of you if you come from a junk food diet. And then it may take a long time to recover. Personally I think I would advise to add fresh raw vegetable juices, packed with nutrients, as soon as you can afford. May be you can borrow a juicer from a friend? I find that greens are most powerful for me, and greens are generally very cheap compared to fruits.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 01, 2007 06:11PM

i would have to say that i agree with greenpower

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 01, 2007 06:14PM

F1: Ha!ha! Hope you're having a great holiday season! Sure....that one's public domain!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: December 01, 2007 06:51PM

You too man!

F1

Date: December 02, 2007 01:13AM

Hey F1,
I just watched your video on cleansing and you mentioned salt water flushes. I did salt water flushes when I fasted on the Master Cleans for 14 days and man they made me feel so much better. I fast each weekend for 36 hours, from friday night when I go to bed till sunday when i reach 36 hours and 4 times a year for 7 days at the end of march,june,september,and december, I run 4 times a week in the early morning for 20 minutes. Question is this: Can I do the Salt Water Flushes at the end of my weekend fasts? and during my longer 7 day fasts each morning? I bough some kelp today along with baby green mix and spinich (all organic) to break my 36 hour fast tommorow. I also thought about making a deep green smoothie tomorrow, kelp,spinich,baby greens, and a kiwi to mix with it. I feel thease weekend short fasts will help the detox along much better especially doing salt water flushes. when i do the flushes i only organic sea salt, 2 teaspoons mixed with a quart of luke warm water, sometimes adding a teaspoon of fresh juiced lemon. Your videos have helped me very much and I am now much more confident and i have also shared them with my 2 sons and they too are seeing what I am doing as being very beneficial. thank You for your time. Many thanks!!
Roadrunner

Date: December 02, 2007 02:00AM

roadrunner Wrote:
> Hey F1,
> I just watched your video on cleansing and you
> mentioned salt water flushes. I did salt water
> flushes when I fasted on the Master Cleans for 14
> days and man they made me feel so much better. I
> fast each weekend for 36 hours, from friday night
> when I go to bed till sunday when i reach 36 hours
> and 4 times a year for 7 days at the end of
> march,june,september,and december, I run 4 times a
> week in the early morning for 20 minutes. Question
> is this: Can I do the Salt Water Flushes at the
> end of my weekend fasts? and during my longer 7
> day fasts each morning? I bough some kelp today
> along with baby green mix and spinich (all
> organic) to break my 36 hour fast tommorow. I also
> thought about making a deep green smoothie
> tomorrow, kelp,spinich,baby greens, and a kiwi to
> mix with it. I feel thease weekend short fasts
> will help the detox along much better especially
> doing salt water flushes. when i do the flushes i
> only organic sea salt, 2 teaspoons mixed with a
> quart of luke warm water, sometimes adding a
> teaspoon of fresh juiced lemon. Your videos have
> helped me very much and I am now much more
> confident and i have also shared them with my 2
> sons and they too are seeing what I am doing as
> being very beneficial. thank You for your time.
> Many thanks!!
> Roadrunner

Thanks for your kind words RR,

Yeah I've done the flushes under pretty much every condition and they have still worked!

But to answer your question yeah, you can do them while fasting if you choose to, I've done that many times with good effect, I think the most important thing is to do it early, that way it's not interupting your day!

Go here for more info if you need it:
[z12.invisionfree.com]

Be good

F1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2007 02:01AM by The Fruitarian One.

Posted by: sciencegal ()
Date: December 02, 2007 02:05AM

Hey F1,

Where can I find out more info on your salt water flushes? Sounds interesting. I've never heard of them before.

Best Wishes.

Date: December 02, 2007 02:14AM

sciencegal Wrote:
> Hey F1,
>
> Where can I find out more info on your salt water
> flushes? Sounds interesting. I've never heard of
> them before.
>
> Best Wishes.

Read previous post, there's a link I posted with more info!

F1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables