Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fruitarian1, or other athletes?
Posted by: shaine ()
Date: December 03, 2007 05:45PM

I am wondering about mono-eating (for days at a time) and weight lifting. I

I am trying to put on some muscle mass, and train with weights daily (alternating of course...). I also do cardio daily--I know that to seriously build muscle I should back off cardio, but it makes me too happy to quit.

Anyway. I love mono-eating once a month for a few days to a week. I've done apples every time. But now that I really want to add muscle, I'm concerned that this may interrupt my training.

so, what do you mono on? I can't see mono-ing dark greens. and not possibly seeds right? I don't think of them as being very cleansing...

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fruitarian1, or other athletes?
Date: December 03, 2007 05:47PM

oh. sorry. I just saw the other post toward F1 about mono-ing.

sorry sorry sorry.

but if you're advice to me is different, by all means...

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Date: December 03, 2007 07:28PM

Go check out my vids here and see if they help!
[uk.youtube.com]

it really doesn't matter what you eat as long as it is what you need, bare in mind that you may not make any significant gains/performance until you are clean internaly!

As far as the cardio being raw throws conventional theories on fitness out of the window so do what resonates with you and have fun!

Hope that helped

F1

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 04, 2007 01:43AM

My own experience is that I'm certainly not as BULKY as I was when I was a 185 lb meat eater....but I that's not what we really want anyway - is it? winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: December 04, 2007 02:13AM

ha! no! no bulkiness--I'm stronger than I've been in my whole life. I've lifted for 6 years now, but only since being raw have I really been able to improve my strength consistently. thanks for responding, F1. and for giving the blessin gon the running and swimming! sometimes we don't really need answers or criticism--just plain reassurance.

measure twice, cut once.

I make paintings

Date: December 04, 2007 03:08AM

shaine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
thanks for
> responding, F1. and for giving the blessin gon
> the running and swimming! sometimes we don't
> really need answers or criticism--just plain
> reassurance.

I hear ya!

Do what you love and love what you do!

F1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables