Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw food is it helpful for those who want to get pregnant?
Posted by: gadjoemi ()
Date: December 04, 2007 04:31PM

Hello everyone.

I am sure there was a similar topic before but I really wanted to know as soon as possible.

I have a friend who has been trying to get pregnant but no success yet. She is around 35 years old, healthy but skinny. She used to be very sporty and one time she only had 8 % of fat. Now she has more than 8 % but still is very skinny ( to me, at least)

I was wondering from a raw food point of view if I could give her some raw food advice. She is interested in raw food because I am eating raw and have been telling her how great it is. I suggested her the other day that she eat maybe good fat like avocado and nut to gain a little more fat in her body. Then again, yeah, I don't know much about it.

Can you give me some suggestion or good ideas for this topic??

Her diet is typical dutch (She is Dutch. I am not but I live in the Netherlands). Boterham, which is basically bread with butter and cheese. She told me she eats a lot of them to get more fat. She eats lots of pasta and potatoes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw food is it helpful for those who want to get pregnant?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 05, 2007 12:57AM

i think that going raw can be a time of detox and cleansing. not exactly what you want to be doing while trying to get pregnant or while pregnant for that matter. it's a great idea to start incorporating more and more fresh, raw foods into your diet at any time but i would transition slowly if trying to conceive.

good luck to your friend.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 05, 2007 01:02AM

Yes. Advice: Don't change your diet too radically if you are getting pregnant...or are pregnant. Just slowly increase the intake of fresh fruits & vegetables....no more than 1-2% per week while pregnant. Eat foods that are rich in Folate...and Omega 3 fatty acids. Just my thoughts.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: December 05, 2007 08:49AM

Thank you guys!
I will tell my friend about it.

coco,
thank you for your advice. I remember your amazing story in the different topic (but related to pregnancy) about your giving birth! I am currently incorporating more and more raw food in my life and it is going well. Someday I want to be a healthy mother like you!

David,
Thank you for your thoughts on this! From which food can we get folate? I am sorry but this is my first time to hear the word. I will do some research on it. Thank you very much though!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 05, 2007 12:01PM

Here's an article:

[www.vrg.org]

-Dark green leafy vegetables and fresh Orange Juice are great sources of Folate.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 05, 2007 02:50PM

you are very welcome.

lentils are also very high in folate. i love them sprouted and tossed into salad. to sprout lentils rinse them well and soak them for about 8 hours in water (overnight), drain them and rinse them with water twice every day until the sprout is about as long as the lentil. keep them in the fridge after that.

[twovegansisters.blogspot.com]

scroll halfway down the page for pictures and instructions. sprouting is really easy and fun!

Date: December 06, 2007 12:51PM

Thank you again guys! You are so very helpful. Those info is good not only for my friend but myself too ;-)

I have not tried sprouting yet myself.
I think it is about time I tried!

Thank you again!

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 08, 2007 02:38AM

A healthy raw food lifestyle can restore fertility to a couple. Being that it infertility could be due to either person in a couple, it would be wise for both parties to heal themselves. I have read articles about fertility being restored with water fasting.

In any case, there is no contraindications to healthy living.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables