Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hey F1
Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: December 05, 2007 02:35AM

Heres probably yet another annoying question, whats your take on organic fruit and vegetables vs conventional fruit and vegetables? Of coure we all want organic but where I live there is only a small amount of organic produce available and I truly mean small!! this isnt california or florida etc, we dont have whole food stores here etc and I live in an apartment so I dont have a garden. I work 10 to 12 hours a day so even if I had a garden I couldnt maintain it. Heres what I think: Its probably better to live on conventional fruit and vegetables bought at the local grocery store, being RAW like I am than to eat processed food and meat ,candy and junk you know, Im just worried about the pesticides on the produce but as I said we have no other alternatives here. there is one store here that has organic produce and it really stinks!! I emailed Whole Foods headquarters and requested they put a store here, there is a place on their site where you can do that but so far no reply.I can wash the proiduce but the tap water is also contaminated with chlorine and floride and who knows what else but I am going to buy a filter for my kitchen sink maybe thatll help? I use natural almond dish soap to wash them then soak it all in apple cider vinegar for 10 minutes, what a chore to try and eat whole clean food, its ridiculous. Maybe Im makin a big deal out of this you know
roadrunner

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hey F1
Date: December 05, 2007 03:24AM

Well, it's pretty simple, I've nothing against "organic" produce at all but I just get my fruit anyway I can, I always have done, I've never been sick from it or had any ill effects at all in all the years I've been on conventional produce,

I very rarely eat organic fruits because it's just not available so I can't always afford to be picky and even if it was I would still go for the conventional stuff if it was cheaper, local and in season because I don't believe "organic" is all that it's cracked up to be because pollution doesn't just effect the conventional fruits, acid rain falls on "organic" stuff too, plus you never know how the stuff is grown!....yeah in an ideal world "organic" would be the first choice but let's be realistic here...this is far from a perfect world, the world is messed up bad and I'm not going to stress myself out trying to live up to some pure and perfect standard...life is just too short!!!

I believe it's more important to eat produce that is grown locally and in season than to stress about finding organic produce, I went to Utah a few months ago and it was hard enough to find decent local fruits let alone anything "organic", why make life harder for yourself, it's hard enough for many raw foodists as it is????

Just my personal opinion...hope that helped!?

F1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2007 03:26AM by The Fruitarian One.

Posted by: Azura Skye ()
Date: December 05, 2007 12:10PM

hey if I could just add my 2 cents -

I agree with F1 - you shouldn't stress about it.
But if you can afford it, and it is available then I think you should choose organic - if not for any other reason than that organically grown produce is kinder on the imediate environment. Usually organic farms support more wildlife - and I love wildlife! So I like to grow my own organic veg as well as buying organic veg more for the fauna than for me smiling smiley

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: December 05, 2007 02:14PM

Many times, given the choice, I find organic simply tastes better. I don't worry or bother about any other issues otherwise.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables