Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

fruit filled with food coloring?
Posted by: m ()
Date: December 05, 2007 11:40PM

so, apparently they are injecting oranges with food coloring. it was stated on another post by a very reputable source. i did an internet search and it confirmed the allegation!

i'm assuming that the organic ones are free from the infused crap, but i'm concerned with the fact that i do indulge in conventional oranges from time to time (like when i get OJ's from Jamba Juice).

bummer.

are there any other fruits/vegetables that they inject food dyes (or other undesirable substances) into?

curious minds and bodies would like to know.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fruit filled with food coloring?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 05, 2007 11:44PM

i thought it was just the skin that was coloured. that is a super bummer.

we can change things though by writing letters, talking to produce managers and letting the government know that we don't approve!

edible dye. gross. the only thing i use food colouring for is to tempt my kid into the bathtub!

Posted by: m ()
Date: December 05, 2007 11:49PM

even if it is the skin, it's still too close for comfort for me!

sad smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 06, 2007 02:11AM

meh, oranges have a pretty thick skin. i'm not too worried about that. now if it's INside the fruit, well, that's just yucky.

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: December 06, 2007 02:45AM

I wouldn't put it past growers to inject dyes or chemical preservatives into fruit or vegetables. But, since I can't afford all organic food, I'm going to have to push this thought away for now. (Like that's gonna work! HA!)

Today, I was in Whole Foods and I started comparing pasteurized "natural" juices... and I noticed one brand said "100% REAL JUICE" in big letters on the label, then just beneath that in much smaller, hard to read letters it said, "and other natural ingredients" ...hmmm. I've read that labeling laws allow the use of sugar as a "natural ingredient."

I bought some unjuiced fruit instead. Pomegranates. Not organic, but delicious nonetheless.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables