Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Gingerbread cookies....
Posted by: dafodil ()
Date: December 06, 2007 07:45AM

So I ate mostly raw today for the first time in several months...I am feeling a little better, so I made some raw gingerbread cookies...they are dehydratidng right now, but the batter tastes really yummy....I put little pieces of crystalized ginger on top of them....

I have been feeling really bad lately and I know its b/c of what I've been eating; all cooked, heavy, rich stuff...I had a sprout salad today with a cilantro-wasabi-vinagrette, and later on I made wraps out of the left over salad and springroll wrappers...made a sesame cashew dipping sauce for them....

Its nice to want to eat this way again and its nice to start to feel better both physically and mentally...I think its a life-long battle for me though...with food, weight and all...alot of times I just want to give up and stay in bed...but I feel like I'm on the right path once again. Thanks for listening to my rant....Hope you are all doing well and looking forward to the holidays...

Dafodil

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Gingerbread cookies....
Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: December 07, 2007 04:06PM

ooh! Recipe please!!! (For the raw gingerbread cookies!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2007 04:06PM by angie1.

Posted by: bracken ()
Date: December 08, 2007 07:36PM

Can I have the recipe too please!!!

Ju X

Posted by: KathyT ()
Date: December 08, 2007 07:43PM

Me three! I want that recipe! Sounds delish, and I am trying to stuff my grandkids with healthy goodies for the holidays. Fill them up with good stuff, they won't have much room for the junk!

KathyT

Date: December 12, 2007 06:39AM

Heres the recipe for the cookies: The quantities are estimations, so use your best judgement, and play with it if you want.

1/2 cup of raw cashews (almonds would work too)
1/2 cup brazil nuts
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ginger(dried) but you can also use fresh grated
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract (you can sub maple extract also)
1/8 cup raw honey
1/8 cup molasses (I KNOW it is NOT RAW, but you don't HAVE to use it if you dont want to, I just like the flavor) OR, substitue raw AGAVE. smiling smiley

Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until you get a "paste-like" texture. You can place batter into pastry bag and pipe onto a dehydrator mat, or just shape with your hands. Let dehydrate for about 12 hours, or longer.

Posted by: bracken ()
Date: December 12, 2007 07:08AM

Cheers Dafodil X

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: December 12, 2007 07:55PM

Thanks

Date: December 14, 2007 03:30PM

I made gingerbread men yesterday and they are a huge hit. I substituted the cashews with almond pulp and used maple syrup for mollasses. They are a bit dry (because of the almond pulp maybe). I think I will add a little oil next time and see if that helps.

Date: December 14, 2007 06:21PM

Hi Pak-

Try adding a little warm water to the batter before you shape them...thats what I do. Also maybe not dehydrate them as long? Glad you like the recipe! I added some candied ginger to the tops of mine...it gives them a little sweet-spicy kick. I have great chocolate chip cookie recipe if you want it...tastes almost identical to the real tollhouse cookie recipe! smiling smiley

Dafodil

Date: December 14, 2007 06:36PM

OMG...I would love a good choc chip recipe. How do you make candied ginger?

Thanks!

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: December 17, 2007 10:15AM

A tiny amount of cloves (ground up) give a real xmassy taste to things like biscuits etc smiling smiley

Re: Raw Chocolate Chip cookies
Date: January 04, 2008 04:56AM

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to those of you who asked for this recipe, I have been so friggin' busy! :0 These are approximattions...so feel free to play with the recipe.

1 cup raw cashews, ground into paste.
2-3 heaping tablespoons coconut butter (also called coconut oil) at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon maple extract
1/2 cup-3/4 cup coconut flour, you want to add enough to get a good cookie-dough consistancy.
chocolate or carob chips

blend first 5 ingredients. Add chocolate/carob chips. Form into cookie shapes and place onto dehydrator. Dehydrate for about 3 hours. Your house will smell amazing, and the cookies are really good too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2008 04:57AM by dafodil.

I forgot the sweetner
Date: January 04, 2008 06:37PM

I forgot the sweetner for the raw choc chip cookie recipe...

**Add some agave or sweetner of choice to the batter!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables