Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Restaurants in LA and San Diego
Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: December 08, 2007 06:19AM

Hey everyone! I'm going to be spending a week in southern cal at the end of the month and I was hoping that some of you could suggest some good raw restaurants. I'll be in San Diego and LA and want to find restaurants in both cities.

Which ones are the best? And what items on the menu do you recommend?

Thanks!
Love and peace

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Restaurants in LA and San Diego
Posted by: redstar_38 ()
Date: December 08, 2007 06:39AM

In San diego, I have been to Cilantro Live...So good!
In LA i have been to Cru and Leaf cuisine. Cru is a bit more pricey but very good! Leaf cuisine is a good low priced place.

[cilantrolive.com]
[leafcuisine.com]
[crusilverlake.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2007 06:42AM by redstar_38.

Posted by: RawsomeButterfly ()
Date: December 08, 2007 04:33PM

In San Diego, there is Cilantro Live with locations in Hillcrest, Lemon Grove and Carlsbad. My favorite things on the menu are the Heavenly Tacos, the lazagna, the lemon dream bars and the ice cream sundays. Sooooo good. There is also The Greenery in Encinitas. It is small and wonderful!!! I had something like a cream cheese sandwich which was out of this world, and I think my dh had the spaghetti and meatballs, also excellent!!
In LA, I really like Rawvolution in Santa Monica. I had the teryaki mushroom burger the last time I was there, and it was very, very good. There's also Juliano's Raw in Santa Monica but I find it is too spicy, heavy and overpriced. I do love his chocolate shake though. It's the best shake I've ever had cooked or raw. I also went to Taste of the Goddess recently. I believe that was in Studio City. I liked the food, but it's in the back of a hair salon, and all the chemical smells wafted back there and made me naseous. I'm very senstive to chemical smells.
If you're driving through Orange County, I'd recommend stopping at Au Lac in Westminster. Au Lac has cooked and raw food. Their humanese soup is to live for. I love Au Lac. There is also 118 in Costa Mesa. Their lasagna is very good, and I really love their salads and smoothies.
Hope this helps. Have fun eating your way across southern california!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2007 04:34PM by RawsomeButterfly.

Posted by: lemoned ()
Date: December 08, 2007 05:39PM

There's Terra Bella in Redondo Beach!
[www.terrabellacafe.com]

Posted by: Inaia ()
Date: December 08, 2007 08:25PM

juliano's Raw in Santa Monica is amazing. www.planetraw.com

www.inaia.com

Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: December 09, 2007 07:21PM

Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions! I've actually never been to a raw restaurant before and I'm soo looking forward to it. There's only one anywhere close to where I live, and it's an hour away in Seattle, I just haven't made it there yet.

Thanks again!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables