Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

get persimmons (or other fruits) cheap
Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: December 09, 2007 07:05AM

HIYA!

I know that some people are looking for cheap persimmons. Well, here's an idea. Contact a local supermarket or a local warehouse and ask if they'll sell you their old stuff for a reduced price. I mean, the stuff that they don't even put out on the discount shelves. I do this in Korea and boy do I ever get the good stuff. I like them soft while most others prefer them hard, with a crunch. I mean the fuyu persimmons. So this vendor that I go through just gives me mostly the older ones, the soft ones that others won't buy.

Works for other fruits too. After persimmons are out I suppose I'll be eating lots of discounted apples and pears, and of course the good old banana, which isn't discounted.

I live in Korea where fruit is expensive. For me to make this food the staple of my diet would otherwise be really expensive. And since I go through it fast, there isn't much that goes to waste. I keep some of it outside where it's cold so that keeps the ripening (overripening?!) a bit slower than if I were to keep it all in my warm room.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: get persimmons (or other fruits) cheap
Posted by: uma ()
Date: December 09, 2007 08:45PM

By the way the other weekend I was at a market on Haight St. in SF, between Ashbury & Clayton. They had organic hachiyas displayed out on the street and there were lots of ripe and ready ones. They were 69c each but i bought a couple flats and he gave them to me for 50c each. maybe you could get even cheaper for ones that are soon to be thrown out. This is a way better price than I get up here in Garberville. just in case any readers are in/near SF.

love,
Uma

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables