Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Green Superfood Drink Powder?
Posted by: ksandberg2002 ()
Date: December 11, 2007 02:22PM

I was doing some reseach when I came across "Green Superfood Drink Powder" from AmazingGrass.com and it sounds really good for someone like me who doesn't have a lot of money or a lot of time to get those healthy greens we all need! (considering I'm not completely Raw YET) Has anyone ever heard of or ever tried this product? I was thinking of using this product along with their wheat grass powder as a meal substitute...say like breakfast or lunch. What do you all think? I would love everyones advice : )

"Green Superfood Drink Powder"
Green SuperFood is blended to perfection in a delicious tasting powder that mixes well with juice, water or your favorite beverage. One serving gives you the antioxidant equivalent of 7 servings of fruits and vegetables and helps you hit your daily quota.

A full spectrum of alkalizing green superfoods, antioxidant rich fruits, and support herbs unite with Acai and Maca to provide a powerful dose of whole food nutrition. Complete with pre & probiotics and digestive enzymes to ensure rapid nutrient absorption and healthy digestion.

Green SuperFood: All natural and organic ingredients include organic wheat grass, organic barley grass, organic alfalfa, organic spirulina, organic spinach, organic chlorella (cracked cell-wall), organic broccoli, organic pure acai from Sambazon, organic maca, organic carrot, organic beet, raspberry, rose hips, pineapple, green tea, acerola cherry, organic flax seed powder, apple pectin fiber, F.O.S. (from chicory root), L. acidophilus, alpha and beta amylase, protease, lipase, lactase, cellulase, siberian eleuthero root and peppermint.
100% Vegan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Green Superfood Drink Powder?
Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: December 11, 2007 05:23PM

Good if you're on a SAD diet but doesn't do what a balanced raw food diet will do. I still have 1/2 a jar of expensive greens that I stopped taking once I discovered raw eating. I always mean to use them up but they ruin the taste of my smoothies.

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: December 11, 2007 08:32PM

It's expensive stuff. I guess if I could afford it, I'd buy and juice wheatgrass instead.

I've tried their stuff. I figured my limited money was better spent on fresh fruits and fresh vegetables. But, if you think otherwise then go for it. It's your body and if you think their stuff is good for you, that's cool.

Superfoods tend to be super expensive.

I don't think they are bad. But I need to prioritize so I buy fresh fruits and fresh vegetables first.

Lee

Posted by: selenes512 ()
Date: December 11, 2007 09:55PM

I think most of the time, the superfoods thing is a way for greedy people to make money off of well intentioned health-seekers. I think if you just stay raw and feed yourself properly you dont need that stuff. Plus I dont really trust that a "superfood" that has been processed and turned into a powder, cant be healthier than a plain old fresh piece of fruit.

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: December 11, 2007 11:36PM

Good point about processing something into a powder.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 12, 2007 12:11AM

I use green superfoods, I prefer Healthforce Vita-Mineral Green and also Pure Synergy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables