Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Useful tricks and tips for juice feasting?
Posted by: lemoned ()
Date: December 11, 2007 07:51PM

Hello, I' m test driving the juice feast program right now in order to figure out if there's a slim chance I will last through such a thing at all. I planned to start it after my traveling during December and January but realized that nothing is keeping me back from trying it now, if only for a few days before I travel.

I have failed in the past with fasting but this "new" yet simple concept really got to me after I saw it popping up again and again for months now.
So it's day two ! More than I ever thought possible. Yay!
However, I do feel weak and this morning I felt like a @#$%& jammed in between more @#$%& buried under a pile of rubbish.
And, despite I got up at 7 and then breakfast for the kids, getting them ready etc. after all the routine for the juice feast which is dry brushing, enema (yikes...), showering making the juice etc. etc. it was almost 10 before I left the house.
And I had already peeled the oranges for my 4 quarts of OJ the night before!

I didn't sign up for the juicefeast.com site yet to get more inside info because as I said I will be on the road for abt a month and won't be doing the feast then. So I wondered if anyone has been through this and can give me some more tips, insider info and useful advice on how to do this a bit more time efficient?

I do believe this is working by the way, stuff is moving...my tongue is white as my teeth. Talk about the drapes finally matching the curtain lol.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Useful tricks and tips for juice feasting?
Posted by: selenes512 ()
Date: December 11, 2007 10:36PM

Seems like you are having some detox, its a good thing! Thats the whole idea =)

Besides staying the course, you could either speed it up or slow it down. It depends on how motivated you are to cleanse, or even if you want to have this intense of cleansing right now. To slow it down, obviously you could stop, or even try doing some mono-eating instead. If you want to speed it up, you could try a day of water fasting and rest. Its up to you, do you want to intensify and cleanse faster or take it easy and be comfortable? What do you feel is right?

Date: December 12, 2007 04:11PM

Oh well I was actually trying to follow the juice feast program as it is, which means drinking lots and lots o juices to curb hunger. It's just that I'm a bit discouraged as it is so much work. Here I am typing this while the produce is sitting on the counter to be juiced but I am procrastinating. Also I have a horrible sour stomach and if I see or smell another orange, I might just hurl. Too bad most of the stuff I have right now is oranges. sad smiley

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 15, 2007 03:01AM

I'll have to take a look at that website on juicing..haven't seen it before. I just posted that I'm going to do a 3 day juice fast starting Saturday.

You might think about diluting the oj with some distilled or mineral water and just sip it.

I've been making juices lately, like cranberry and pineapple, grape and pineapple, and that's not too difficult since pineapple is pretty cheap and very good right now. Also pineapple makes a lot of juice, plus if you wanted you could dilute it also. It gets thick if you don't drink it right away.

How about juicing apples too? I may do a combo type, like first day, pineapple and cranberries, second day all apples, 3 day, citrus maybe? I don't know yet..I'll see what I feel like.

Feel free to join in on the 3 day fast.

Love,
Prism

Date: December 15, 2007 03:29AM

I just went to visit Juicefeasting.com and they've made quite a business out of juicing with their website! It's nice that they have provided much information for free, but they do have consultants, books, superfoods, etc..a very snazzy and slick looking website all in the name of juicing.

Once again, taking something very easy and making it complex and seemingly more like a center that is founded on the same premise as other spas, with paid customers, consultants, protocols that make it seem like you need those things to do a juice fast.

I'm not sure I like the idea, but it's better than some of the alternatives..there's just something that rather bothers me in the back of my brain about sites like that.

Of course there's room for lots of different kinds of access to raw foods, for folks that would otherwise not even bother with it or try it, they may love this kind of website. It doesn't matter what I think anyway of course, but it's just some of my thoughts that's all.

Now that I've thought about it, it probably makes sense to offer a website like that, as there are many obese people and ill people that really should be under a health care professionals guidance during their fasting sessions. It's just my thoughts anyway..I'm just thinking out loud, playing devils advocate. Now hopefully no one will take my words or paragraphs out of context here.

Love,
Prism

Date: December 15, 2007 05:04AM

I actually liked that website and I can see the concept of consultants somehow. all those people are making a living off being raw and teaching etc. so the $$ has got to come from somewhere. They do recommend a lot of supplements on top o the juicing if you follow the program closely according to the plan but I don't think you need all that.
I stopped after day three because I felt awful...sour through and through. My mouth was dry and nasty despite drinking so much. It was my first fast ever so I think that was to be expected. Now I know what it is smiling smiley
I saw your post about the 3 day fast but I'm off on holidays so it doesn't quite fit. I do think about trying again in January tho..

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: December 16, 2007 11:08AM

Would advise you check out Angela Stokes blog, she has her whole 92 days and beyond blogged.

Also has e-books on juice feasting, provides supplement packs on her shop etc.

I am reading a lot about it atm.. going to test the juicy waters in Jan!

Date: December 16, 2007 06:57PM

I've done some water and juice fast during my 5 years on raw foods, and I've found on this one it's very easy. I think that as your body cleanses (can take years dependent on many factors) certain things just come easier as we progress thru it.

Since this was your first try at the fast, it's not unusual to only do one or 2 days. I'm thinking since this fast for me is so easy, that I might actually extend it to a week maybe. So, see..you'll get there. If you are the type of person that desires to cleanse with fasting then progress along that path may be quicker in getting used to them, cleansing your body quicker, etc.

Did you use their method of using blender/strain for the juicing? I'm just wondering if you liked doing it that way since you said it's a pain to juice. I'm going to try it in the future , but for now I have my juicer that I am using and it's easy clean-up for me.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables