Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Storing and Eating Leftovers
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 12, 2007 03:53AM

How do you store letovers, and how do you prepare it for eating later?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Storing and Eating Leftovers
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 12, 2007 04:59AM

The main leftover I deal with is watermelon. I have a reusable cover, made by Saran, that looks like a shower cap, that I place over my leftover watermelon. When I eat watermelon, I will cut it into half, eat one half and save the other half using the shower cap.

For most other foods I eat, there are no leftovers.

Date: December 12, 2007 05:18AM

same with me. i prepare meal sized portions usually, it is a good way to organize the refrigerator, meals, and gauge nutrients taken in. it also helps me shop, i can tell how for something will go very easily.
salad i often make a lot of though, it goes into the fridge in it's bowl with a plate on top.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: December 12, 2007 12:25PM

Food I eat everyday.. mono fruit.. never any leftovers

desert items-- go in the freezer

Leftover dips/salsa/dressing/ Nut Milk -- glass Mason jars in the fridge

Also have my tiffin for taking leftovers to work which is handy-- today I have a stuffed mushroom, oranges and blueberries -- one item in each layer smiling smiley

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 12, 2007 12:39PM

Hmmm...leftovers eating fresh food? Heh..heh. I just have gotten used to cutting just about as much fruit as I'm going to eat at a sitting. As Bryan pointed out....when you've got large fruits or leftover salad or whatever....I just refrigerate it.....either in the grocery bag it came in....or in tin foil....or a seal-able container. Either way, that cut stuff doesn't keep worth a crap beyond a day or two....let alone juices or whatever...which will go bad....like seconds after I make it! LOL. Just my experiences.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: December 13, 2007 05:06PM

Thanks! You are all so wonderful. Your information is most helpful. I guess I will learn from trial and error how to make the right size recipe, so that everything is fresh, because I do not like to waste food.

Thanks again

Posted by: macfly ()
Date: December 15, 2007 06:35PM

Bryan, is there a picture or information online about those Saran covers? I'd like to get one before next summer's watermelon feast.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables