Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

wheat intolerance
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 13, 2007 05:34PM

all:

for a month, I've had no wheat products whatsoever. and felt great. my feet haven't gotten cold which says something. a few days ago, I had some essene bread, uncooked, just sat in the sun for awhile, never got over 100 degrees.

and thats the only thing different. the next day, my feet were cold, I got horny, teeth and gums started hurting, got very irritable, and got cravings for more wheat. corn didn't cause a problem, haven't tried potatoes yet.

does this sound like gluten intolerance?

thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wheat intolerance
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 13, 2007 07:07PM

I would have to say this does seem like an extreme reaction to gluten.
most people are gluten/wheat intolerant. we have just become acustomed to eating this way.

Whenever you purify your system of highly acidic/toxic foods such as wheat/gluten you become more sensitive and tend to react strongly to foods that are not good for you.

If you were to try to abstain from apples for example and then reintroduce them to your diet, you more than likely wouldn't have any reaction.
I think this is a good way of testing out different foods to see if they are in sync with "your" system. Everyone is different and will react differently to different foods. So you have to find out for yourself.

If I ever "fall off the wagon" and eat bread, i want more and more. its like a drug. I think that gluten is something that most people should limit in their diet.

hope this helps.

Tickets On Sale Now for only $250 until December 31st![www.rawspiritfest.com]

What an amazingly beautiful 2007 celebration, Thanks to You! Announcement: The 2008 Festival is happening at The Radisson Poco Diablo Resort in Spectacular Sedona, Arizona, September 12th - 14th 2008. Stay for a week if you can.

In 2008, we will return to the remarkable Radisson Resort, located amidst trees and ponds on verdant lawns beneath Sedona, Arizona's famous Red Rocks. Raw Spirit Festival celebrates organic raw vegan foods, world class music, spirituality, inspirational education, eco-sustainable solutions, healthy living and peace on Earth.

Come discover ancient wisdom and the latest findings from the greatest minds in healthy eco-living. Benefits include: Educational Vendor Booths, Outdoor and Indoor Stages, Ongoing Workshops, Sacred Exercise Area, Food Demos, Childrens' Programs, Music, Dancing, Leadership Sharing Circle, Nature Trails, Fantastic Foods and Fabulous Friends! Organic Raw Vegan Meals included. Accommodations are not included.

The City of Sedona deems our venue's maximum capacity to be 5,000. Therefore, the Raw Spirit Festival Will Sell Out! Already hundreds have confirmed, and virtually all of the 2500 participants from 2007 are returning. Places can only be reserved for participants via the RawSpirit.com's Registration Page. New and old Sponsors, Vendors, and Performers are also invited to apply on line.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 14, 2007 12:35PM

geez sunray blind

well heard something about the way wheat is harvested
and having mold on it
so i'm thinking that is why reactions sometimes occur

same thing i heard about peanuts and aflatoxin
timing of harvesting being off and resultant mold taking place

so... i am guessing mold is the culprit as well
gluten too
maybe both

haven't seen you on board for a really long time ( like few years, i think)

i keep getting mixed up with you and dark heart kale

were you dark heart kale?

don't know

definetely remember your name though

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: December 14, 2007 06:24PM

Personally, the elimination of grains, specifically wheat, from my diet has had the most noticable effect on my moods and thought processes and I would agree that it probably has more to do with the molds/fungi that flourish on grains, but I imagine the gluten is a huge culprit as well.

When I was in school, i studied ethnobotany a bit and learned about Ergot which is a fungus that grows on Rye grains. Ergot contains a chemical precursor to LSD. Many historical ethnobotanists claim there is a definate link between the mass ingestion of "Ergotized" Rye and the paranoid delusional behavior of the Dark Ages and Inquisition. With the way that we store grains today, molding in massive silos and warehouses, it's not too much of a stretch for me to think that a large quantity of potentially mood altering molds and fungi are entering our food chain. There have been several studies linking grains (specifically wheat) and behavior disorders and from my personal experience i would tend to believe the conclusions. Of course, when I went raw I stopped ingesting all kinds of things...grains, refined sugar, meat, dairy, artificial ingredients, so it would be hard to narrow down exactly what food was causing what effect, but intuitively I feel like grains were the biggest culprit regarding my mental health/depression issues. I can't explain why this feels so true to me because I don't have any empiricle evidence to prove it... my body seems to be telling me it's true, so i will choose to believe it.

Posted by: Devric ()
Date: December 14, 2007 08:08PM

I highly recommend the elimination of all grains from your diet. When I started to transition, gluten carrying grains were the first thing I did away with. The positive results came fast. I had grown up consuming huge amounts of pasta, bread, beer, etc., but relative to the benefits, I didn't miss it one bit. I ate steamed potatoes and steamed basmati to help transition away from all grains. They worked well and I'm getting closer to 100% raw. I've never seen anyone not benefit from getting gluten out of their system. I say just learn to trust your body and your instincts. If you can make a clear correlation between something in your diet that's known to be bad news and the presence of symptoms, you're probably correct.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables