Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

3 day liquid fast, Sat.Sun.Mon your choice of juices or fruits
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 15, 2007 02:29AM

I would like to do a 3 day juice fast for the next 3 days and would love to have some company during this time. Anyone else up for it?

This Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. You can do a juice fast, green juice fast, or fruit fast. Or any combo of those three, and if you really want to there is always the water fast which I'm not feeling like doing, but that's ok too.

I hope this is not too late notice, but I have been thinking about it in general for a week, and all day today. So, for me it's time.

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 3 day liquid fast, Sat.Sun.Mon your choice of juices or fruits
Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: December 15, 2007 04:39AM

i'll do the water fast, i need it...

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: December 15, 2007 03:32PM

hey prism aka medicine woman!!! how ya been?

i just now saw your post. i would love to do a green juice feast for 3 days. i really need this. but is it too late to start with you?

i will start sunday, regardless, and post here. let us know how its going! rawfrancois, you too! also, rf, do you have any tips for a water fast? i may try to do one later , after new years.

Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: December 15, 2007 04:05PM

For a water fast, my recommendations are to make sure you eat sufficiently (well rounded, diverse types of food that will satisfy any cravings that you might encounter over the next few days: greens are excellent), but don't overeat prior to the fast. You want to make sure that whatever you're doing for the time that you're fasting isn't strenuous - i.e., don't do it when you have a grueling week of work ahead of you, try it out on a vacation. When I water fast, I'm usually met with blackouts and dizziness so I wouldn't attempt it before an oral presentation at school or anything. I think water fasts are also best kept to 1-3 day lengths, as well. The longest I ever fasted was 5 days when I was 15, and I think it messed with my metabolism, quite honestly. Food made me sick after I completed it. I had a pink lady apple all cut up for my first meal and I had to throw it out.

Posted by: selenes512 ()
Date: December 15, 2007 05:10PM

I would like to join in this weekend. Although its a little late in the day today, I havent eaten yet so I'm ready! I'm thinking I will do mostly water, maybe some juices/light smoothie if I feel I need to slow down cleansing. I have been doing some juice feasting so I should be ready for a light water fast. I think I will also be getting my excersize down to stretching/yoga during the fast. Here we go until Monday!

I

Date: December 15, 2007 06:37PM

Yes, it's never too late to start your juice or water fast, you can start at anytime of the day, you can end it on Tuesday morning, or whenever you want.

Everyone that wants to is welcome and there are no losers, or competition, it's just a cleansing refreshing short fast for those that feel they need one. I have been feeling it for a while now. One or all 3 days is up to you. Posting what one had for the day is helpful if any of you want to. Waiting until the end of the day or the next day to post the whole day would be helpful and how you are feeling while on it also would be great to add to your posts.

I'm starting off with some herbal peppermint tea, then going shopping for my days worth of veggies and fruits. I have a list. I might try the blender/strain method that I was reading last night on juicefeasting.com website. They really do have a lot of information up for free access. I am not going to try to copy their protocol though as this is just a short fast. I might if I were going to attempt a longer fast.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: December 15, 2007 08:19PM

Hi prism

I like the idea of making juice in the vitamix. So much easier to clean up afterwards!
I will be trying it out tomorrow morning.

I noticed a huge difference in quality and taste between the juice from a centfifugal juicer compared to a twin gear, so im curious to find out what blended and strained juice tastes like. Infact, im going to have to go and try it now! Curiosity just got the better of me!!!!!

Date: December 15, 2007 08:44PM

Wow! tastes great!
I have just blended and strained half a large pineapple, a small orange and a stick of celery. I dont have a nut bag so i squeezed the pulp through cheese cloth.
It yielded half a pint of juice. Im impressed.
This will really cut down on juicer clean up time in the mornings for me and increase the amount of juice i drink through out the day!
Thanks prism for that little gem!

blessings
Lorretta

Date: December 15, 2007 08:58PM

I can't take credit Loretta, it came from juicefeasting.com website and they have lots of free info. on their website, along with offering paid consults for those that want to do the longer fasts and feel the need for help and more information. I am not sure how much one on one you get with the paid subscription..they do have blogs anyone can read and also sign up for one which I believe are also free.

I'm going to try that blender/strain method too later today. I've been using my pulp from my recent fruits juicing to add to my fruit smoothies..lately it's been pineapple and cranberries.

I have a few minutes before I go shopping for my daily juicing needs. When I get back, I'll try a green juice first. I haven't been feeling like green juice for a while, so I'll see what I am drawn to at the store.

Love,
Prism

Date: December 15, 2007 09:41PM

Hi Prism

I was thanking you for posting about the information contaied on juice feast.
I didnt know anything about the site until i read your post.

I have green juice most mornings, so i will try it tomorrow, I dont normally juice fruits, i make smoothies out of them, so this evenings experiment made a refreshing change.

I do remember someone on this board posting about making juice by blending and straining a couple of years ago, but i didnt have a vitamix then, so i didnt bother trying it out.
Its a real time saver and tastes great.
Hope you enjoy your green juice,
Blessings
Lorretta

Date: December 15, 2007 11:10PM

It's almost 3 pm here, and I just got home with my juicing goodies, and I made hot fresh squeezed lemonade with raw honey instead. I'm not really hungry yet, but I plan on washing all my veggies and preparing my fruits, then I'll juice when I'm hungry. I may just do a fruit juice today..I don't know yet.

Fruit Juice will be pineapple and cranberries, and I did buy apples, but I might do those alone or add one to a green juice.

I'm thinking of just skipping the supplements I take, and just take my Iodine for the next 3 days, that will give my body a break from the magnesium oxide and vit-c supps. I've been taking for over a month now.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 16, 2007 01:54AM

oh prism, i don't think i can fast while i'm nursing but i sure can drink some juice with you! i just finally got the kitchen clean and unpacked and there is my juicer, just waiting to be put to good use.

now i have to fill the fridge with juicables... off to the store in the AM...

Posted by: pineapple girl ()
Date: December 16, 2007 03:08AM

hey, i hope all is going well...

i support you and your efforts, let us know how it goin...

i am done with cauliflower and back on my pineapple mono-fast or eating program, whatever you want to call it.

my local safeway had some ripe pineapples for a change, so i have decided that is all i am going to eat...until i change my mind or something better comes along.

good luck to you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2007 03:10AM by pineapple girl.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 16, 2007 06:22AM

Can I join in? I'm new to the group and the raw lifestyle. I have been a vegan for the last year and just read Natalia Rose's book The raw food detox diet. I am starting the Master Cleanse fast tomorrow and am planing to go until friday. I thought it would be a great way to get a fresh start into the raw food lifestyle.

Date: December 16, 2007 06:26AM

Today I had:

Morn: herbal peppermint tea
Mid-morning: mixed banana with water to take my Iodine with. (I need something a bit solid when I take the Iodine)

I did have an orange before I went to the store, just in case I got real hungry while there. It was a very sweet juicy orange. The oranges and pineapples are good this time of year.

4 pm: Fresh made pineapple and cranberry juice made in the juicer.
took my 2nd dose of Iodine right after the juice.

I wasn't hungry the rest of the day, and it's after 10 pm now. I was going to have some veggie juice, but I'll do that tomorrow.

I feel good, surprised I'm not really hungry. I had some evening childcare too..they are about ready to go home, but are tucked in for bed right now. Just waiting for parents.

See you all tomorrow!

Love,
Prism

Date: December 16, 2007 09:29PM

Ok, today is Saturday, my 2nd day for my raw food juice fast/a little fruit too.

I did the blender/strain method..needs water to get all going, but it's pretty neat. I need a better method to strain as I only had my usual food type strainer which allowed a lot of fiber (not a bad thing in my case) into the green juice.

I would love it if there were biodegradable type straining bags maybe made from rice so we could just strain and dump the whole thing into our gardens, or even into a mix for dehydrated crackers, or into a fruit smoothie to make a green fruit smoothie. They make edible rice paper, why not straining bags?

Anyway I drank 2 cups of the very green juice (no carrots or apples included) and I swear my nose is still crinkled up..although it went down very smoothly and didn't taste bad it was rather good. I guess it was anticipation that made my nose do that or the fibersmiling smiley

I have my pineapple and cranberry juice for later, and also another 2 cups of the green juice. I keep thinking my eyes are going to get very bright and very green!

Love,
Prism

Date: December 17, 2007 12:17AM

I came back to add this since it probably pertains to the veggie juice I had today. I drank my veggie juice around 3 pm, and in about 1/2 later I got the worse pain on my left front side, right where the transverse colon and descending colon meet. I mean I thought I might have to lay down to uncrimp it or something. I've been getting that pain periodically the last month but it's been gone for some while now, I thought it was not going to return. I massaged the area, but the pain came in spasms (the worst ones I've ever had) so I got more into the massaging and then pushing on the area which relieved it. I drank at least 2 large glasses of water since I thought it could be the fiber from that veggie drink I had pushing stuff in front of it thru.

Then I had an explosive BM that was short, but strong and stuff did come out..weird looking stuff. I'm thinking it's bits of pineapple probably, but it was freakish looking to me. I'm having some herbal peppermint tea now.

That's well and good, just what I want from the juice fast..cleansing. Here's something to go with it though that is just either weird, or coincidence but it's been on my mind all day. Just before I woke up for morning today, I had my last dream, it was vivid and I can recall almost all the detail which I won't go into here. In the dream my son had a small turtle that got lost in the house. I was worried it would get hungry, but knew it probably was hibernating. I got a small box out and it was buzzing and something wanted out, so of course I open it and out came that turtle, but 3 times bigger than when he was lost but not really large. He was mad, and he bit my hand, and I grabbed his rubbery neck and pulled him off of me, but then he turned around and did it numerous times, which I proceeded to keep yanking him off..finally my son brought it something to eat and it ate it (a small rodent or something) and then it wanted to go back to hibernation in a tube of some kind that I was unwilling to let it get into..but each time it would turn to bite the heck out of my hands. I had deep slashes and bites, and someone poured Iodine on them, and I thought I was going to pass out from the pain it caused, but then I woke up.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: veggiel0ve ()
Date: December 17, 2007 06:18AM

im starting today (monday!) water + lemon

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 17, 2007 07:17AM

I'll try to do a water fast tomorrow. For me, tomorrow is Monday.

I've been doing one day of water fast and one fruit-only day each week for maybe 5 weeks or so. I really like it. It's always a challenge to get through the whole day and night though. Doing it with others will help.

Thanks Prism!

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: December 17, 2007 02:50PM

My wife and I are doing our first juice fast this week. It's our first fast together. My only other fast was basically anything liquid and I went for 4 days... very nice.

Date: December 17, 2007 06:13PM

Today is day 3 for me, and it's great to see that even during the holidays there are people wanting to stay close to raw, and even do some types of fasts. I might extend my fast for another day or two..I don't know yet.

My oldest son and his family just arrived in town, so well see if I can keep up the fasting.

I'm starting my day off with herbal peppermint tea..so warm for my hands..yummy too!

I will be doing the green juice (the thick one since it gave me some real results with cleansing my colon) and then I think some green apple juice.

Love,
Prism

Date: December 17, 2007 11:44PM

Nice going everybody!

I'm doing my water fast today. I don't know about y'all, but I'm HUNGRY!

Going to stick with it though. It always feels like Christmas the morning after a water fast, cause I get to eat again - raw, of course!

Posted by: veggiel0ve ()
Date: December 17, 2007 11:53PM

nice job, everybody! i'm not hungry yet. i'm takin it easy and i feel good! blessings

Date: December 18, 2007 04:46AM

I'm still hungry, but I get to go to bed in a couple of hours, so I believe I'll make it through the day.

Sometimes when I do this, I wake up in the middle of the night and watch old movies until dawn. Kinda neat.

One thing that probably made this day a little difficult was that I drove about 120 miles. Then, when I got home, I felt like I was ready to eat (darn)!

Date: December 18, 2007 05:53AM

I did 2 and1/2 days on the juice fasting, feel off this evening with the grandkids but that's ok..I didn't overeat. I started off this morn. with the herbal tea, then banana with water to take my Iodine with. Then later I had the last of my pineapple/cranberry juice. I was going to have the left over green juice, then end with fresh apple juice, but it got turned aside for some solid food. Don't ask and I won't tell what the offending food was:0(

I think I am going to do another 2 days of the juicing fast though..and get rid of the solid food I ate this evening. I'll feel better if I end on the right note.

If anyone wants to do one or two more days, you are welcome to join me. I think I'll make my juices up tomorrow morning for the whole day, that seems to work best for me.

I was reading on the juicefeasting.com site that people often break their fasts with soaked prunes and I think I might try that for Thurs. morning..I could have those with my first dose of Iodine.

I'll start a new thread for anyone that wants to restart or continue with me.

I think after this, the next fast I might do just water, and do distilled water for most of it, some mineral water as a supplement and see how I feel on that..maybe do one or two days of that next week. Something to look forward to.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables