Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Body Fat
Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: December 16, 2007 12:58AM

Ive been told that body fat measurements below 7 is malnutrition. I havent measured my body fat but I have dropped to 160 from 250 a year ago and have also been told that Im way too skinny and bony and that the RAW diet is "unhealthy" which I disagree and Fruitarianism is "unhealthy", lol, spoken out of the mouths of SAD diet followers and doctor followers but anyway bla bla bla I was just wondering what your ideas are on a "healthy" body fat measurement is or should one not worry about it? I know that nowdays in wrestling you cannot wrestle if your body fat is less than 8.
roadrunner

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Body Fat
Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: December 16, 2007 01:28AM

roadrunner, I have read in Boutenko's book that a lack of stomach acid (or total absence thereof) can lead to malabsorption, hence unwawtned weight loss on raw. Once that problem is corrected, body fat levels level out naturally, according to the book.

Posted by: Delphine Hano ()
Date: December 16, 2007 01:49AM

Hi Roadrunner,

Are you feeling great, balanced, healthy ... or not?
This is the most important question to ask yourself along the way : )

As far as the present datas about body fat measurements, with all my respect for whoever gathered them, these were done based on people eating a SAD diet not RAW. It would be helpful to have the same datas done with rawfoodhits. You might want to contact (emails) various top raw gurus & ask them as they might know.

May this be helpful : )

Delphine
Conscious Living Coach:
Bringing Balance & Serenity to Life.
www.EmotionalSerenity.com

Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: December 16, 2007 03:51AM

Whats the name of the book ? Boutenko has a few, I want to read it and yes Im feeling pretty healthy but have down days because Im sure those are detox symptoms, My BMI is 22.3 Im 5 foot 11 inches and 160 lbs so my BMI is in the normal range so Im not worried much about the body fat thing just curious.
roadrunner

Posted by: Delphine Hano ()
Date: December 16, 2007 04:35AM

Hi again roadrunner,

Excellent ! : )

Delphine
Conscious Living Coach:
Bringing Balance & Serenity to Life.
www.EmotionalSerenity.com

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: December 16, 2007 08:31AM

Its the GREEN FOR LIFE one. It's a short mention of the subject, nothing extended. Maybe you find more info by googleing low stomach acid

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables