Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Have a cold on raw... :-(
Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: December 17, 2007 04:54PM

I have a cold. :-( I've been 100% raw for a year, now, so I'm hoping it fades away very fast. UGH I'm such a baby when I don't feel well. I had an orange and banana blended together, soaked in the tub with a bit of dead sea salts and eucalyptus oil, had a banana, and now I'm going to sleep as long as my body desires it.

I know this is a cold and not some sort of detox, because my 12-year-old daughter is getting over the same cold right now. My throat hurt a lot last night, but now it's bearable. I don't like the pressure in my head and the heavy eyes, though. I feel out of it and I don't like that feeling. :-(

Anyone know fast ways to speed the healing from this cold? I'm drinking lots of water, even though it doesn't feel good on my throat. I'll check back later after I nap for a bit.

Thanks and lots of love to all of you,

Gypsy
XOXO

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have a cold on raw... :-(
Posted by: azrael ()
Date: December 17, 2007 05:07PM

fast and let your body rest.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 17, 2007 06:40PM

You might try 3-5 drops of hydrogen peroxide in a glass of water and drink it. I do that and it keeps the cold either from coming full on, or keeps it short in duration and helps with getting rid of mucous too.

Also, you can make warm lemonade with 1/2 of a fresh lemon squeezed with warm/hot water and honey or blackstrap molasses to taste. I love this drink and you can have a couple thru the day.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: KathyT ()
Date: December 17, 2007 06:44PM

Ginger tea is great for sore throats.

Get better soon!

KathyT

Date: December 17, 2007 10:45PM

Thanks for the replies. I have slept most of the day, but felt like I wanted to get up for a bit before going back to bed for the evening. I'll probably try some warm water with ginger and lemon, without eating much at all.

Thanks for the advice!

Love,

Wendi
XOXO

Date: December 18, 2007 02:40PM

I tried the lemon and ginger, but it didn't feel good in my stomach. Sleeping most of the day and not eating much really helped me feel a lot better. I was filled with energy this morning and quite clear-headed. Now, however, after working on a computer job that was due yesterday, I am feeling tired again. So, I'm back to sleep.

This feels like the flu, but not that severe (maybe because I'm raw).

Love,

Wendi
XOXO

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables