Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Parkinson's raw-food healing links?
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: December 19, 2007 12:18AM

I have a friend who may have Parkinson's and am looking for some real-life stories of those who reversed/minimized Parkinson's symptoms with raw-food diet and maybe some other lifestyle changes. If you know anything, please share. Thank you kindly.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Parkinson's raw-food healing links?
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 19, 2007 12:58AM

Calorie restriction lessens severity of the symptoms
[www.pnas.org]

Also low fat diet may help
Logroscino, G., Marder, K., Cote, L., Tang, M. X., Shea, S. & Mayeux, R. (1996) Ann. Neurol. 39, 89–94

and exercise.

Low protein intake is probably also protective; Parkinson's patients and their spouses tend to have higher protein intakes:
Protein intake in Parkinsonian patients using the EPIC food frequency questionnaire.
Mov Disord. 2006 Aug;21(8):1229-31.
PMID: 1662285

So, 80-10-10 is probably the better choice.

For f+v,

polyphenols in f+v are protective
Lau FC, Shukitt-Hale B, Joseph JA., Nutritional intervention in brain aging: reducing the effects of inflammation and oxidative stress., Subcell Biochem. 2007;42:299-318. Review.
PMID: 17612057

the high f+v pattern is probably most protective:
Gao X, Chen H, Fung TT, Logroscino G, Schwarzschild MA, Hu FB, Ascherio A.
Prospective study of dietary pattern and risk of Parkinson disease.
Am J Clin Nutr. 2007 Nov;86(5):1486-94.
PMID: 17991663

You can put together a good case for raw 80-10-10 from these.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: December 19, 2007 10:25PM

Thanks so much, arugula! There is some hope.

I keep looking. It is dissapointing that one of the major raw food leader apparently developed Parkinson's. I am hoping to find a healing story instead.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 20, 2007 01:30AM

Well, my feeling is this: going raw, collectively, we will still get everything, but at a lower incidence and at a later age compared to SADs.

I don't think diet is everything. It can be a lot, though.

Posted by: Shili13 ()
Date: July 30, 2012 05:45PM

Hello, I really want to share this here!

My father was in stage 5 of Parkinson's in March 2012. He had to hire someone to pick him up when he fell, he was having swallowing problems, and he couldn't walk anymore. I begged him to try a "Raw Vegetarian Diet" which my friend informed me can cure him. It actually allows your body to cure itself because you are giving 100% nutrients and vitamins. He thought he was dead and decided to do my last wishes just to make me happy. At 2 weeks he stopped his medication by half. At 19 days his freezing went away. After a month he required no parkinson medication. After 40 days he was walking like a normal person. I saw him on skype and I started crying. He can get up and sit down without any freezing. His speech dramatically improved at this point and he could articulate words. He also sleeps normal and requires no sleeping medication. He is still not cured, because he is in the middle of healing period, but he is well on his way. He is 67 years old. I cannot express how amazed I am that something so simple could cure my dad. He doesn't need to take any supplements, medication, or any of the sort. He is 100% on Raw Vegetarian diet! Although the raw diet has some rules which include eating lots of sprouts and getting fats from nuts.

I have to mention that he is doing the raw diet under supervision of someone, who is specialized in raw food diet! If you wanna try any diet you have to make sure you are doing it right!

Thanks,

Shilan

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: July 30, 2012 08:38PM

What a great testimony…thanks for sharing.

You brought up an interesting point about the Fat and may be interested in this article by Dr. Joel Fuhrman…

Leaders of the Vegan Movement Develop Parkinson's:
[www.drfuhrman.com]

This may also be of interest - on page 418 in Dr. Max Gerson’s book, "A Cancer Therapy: Results of Fifty Cases"

Q. Would Parkinson’s disease respond to a treatment similar to that for cancer?
A. What is destroyed in the central nervous system—and Parkinson’s disease is a disease of the basal centers—is destroyed forever. But you are able to help the arteries in the brain with the treatment, and you can stop the progression, and you can restore what is not yet entirely destroyed.

As a side note, we used to think that nerve damage was not reversible, but now we realize that some nerve damage is reversible - it just takes a long time.

Peace and Love..........John

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: July 31, 2012 07:17AM

Great links, John. Fats are where it's at. winking smiley

Does anyone know more about spirulina and algae specifically as a source for DHA?

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: July 31, 2012 12:43PM

I've read about the relation of Parkinsons and low B12 levels. Many doctors misdiagnose low b12 with Parkinsons never fixing the real problem and ending in disaster (and lawsuit).

Posted by: Ifeelgood ()
Date: August 08, 2012 03:36AM

I've read that Parkinsons may also be caused by exposure to bug killers. Not so much eating pesdicides but rather working with them or even working in a agricultural area where you might be exposed to them.

[www.sciencedaily.com]

[www.onearth.org]

"This followed by just a few months the publication of Environmental Threats to Healthy Aging, a report co-authored by the Science and Environmental Health Network, a consortium of advocacy groups based in Ames, Iowa; it included a summary of 31 population studies that have looked at the possible connection between pesticide exposure and Parkinson's. Twenty-four of those studies, according to the report, found a positive association, and in 12 cases the association was statistically significant. In some studies, the group found, there was as much as a sevenfold greater risk of Parkinson's in people exposed to pesticides. In addition, in April 2009, scientists at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), published a provocative study connecting the disease not only to occupational pesticide exposure but also to living in homes or going to schools that were close to a pesticide-treated field."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables