Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Regular intermittent water fasting with raw food diet
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 22, 2007 04:12AM

I've been water fasting one day (36 hours) plus fruit-only "fasting" one day for the past 5 or 6 weeks, in combination with 100% raw food vegan diet.

I'm really loving the results:

-I'm digesting greens SO much better than when I was 100% raw without the fasting. No swelling, itching, dry skin, etc. that I usually get from eating greens (a dramatic difference).

-A pain in my side that had been bothering me went away completely after the second week.

-Lots of energy

-Good mood all the time

-2 pound weight loss (I'm considered by the charts to be at the low end of "normal" weight)

-more satisfaction when I eat

-smoother, glowier skin

-looking and feeling better every week

I like this regular intermittent fasting because it's something I can do every week for the rest of my life. It manifests real positive change without requiring a marathon-kind effort. It helps keep things in moderation for me, rather than risking the yo-yo effect if I go too far with some other kind of inner body cleaning.

smiling smiley I'm going for age 120, and I'm almost half-way there. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2007 04:16AM by suncloud.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Regular intermittent water fasting with raw food diet
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 22, 2007 04:58AM

Most excellent!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 22, 2007 04:58AM

i like this idea, particularly because i'm nursing and won't be able to fast for the next three years or so. i think i could do a whole day fast once a week when the baby starts to nurse a little less though and that would be fine. i like the idea of having a light breakfast, no lunch or dinner, no breakfast the next day and a light lunch/dinner. the fast is spread out over two days but is as long as a one day long fast.

Date: December 22, 2007 07:29AM

Thank you david!

Sounds good coco!

Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: December 22, 2007 11:51AM

Hi Suncloud
I have fruit 'fast' and juice 'fast' days. It works really well for me.
Reading your post has made me think about incorporating a water 'fast' day.
I also need to avoid placing myself into marathon type effort and risking the yo yo effect that can so often follow.

You have inspired me to give it a try as i feel that i could manage a day a week. It could easily be incorporated into a balanced managable weekly event.

Thanks suncloud. Im pleased to hear that its working so well for you.
Blessings
Lorretta

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 22, 2007 12:03PM

Yes. I always suggest that people work in light-moderate fasting as a LIFESTYLE.....regularly....rather than to START a good diet.....or 'jump start' a good diet.

-If a person is not prepared to do a good thing regularly....and forever....then it shouldn't be done (my general opinion).

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: RawsomeButterfly ()
Date: December 24, 2007 01:27AM

suncloud, so just for clarification, you fast one day a week on water, and do you also fast one day a week on fruit? If so, do you do the fast one after another or what? Congratulations on your results.

Date: December 24, 2007 03:48AM

Hi RawsomeButterfly,

I fast one day a week on water. Then 3 or 4 days later, I have a day of just fruit (I guess that's not really a fast).

If I know I'll be busy on my water fast day, I'll do it a day early instead.

My challenge now is to get my exercise level back up. It's not that I don't have the energy, but sometimes I let my brain tell me that the fasting can make up for slacking off on the exercise. Wrong! smiling smiley

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: December 24, 2007 08:23PM

Thanks for sharing Suncloud.. sounds like a practical approach. I'm going to have to try it smiling smiley

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 25, 2007 09:05PM

Sounds great and I'm all for the one day a week water fasting. I'm going to try that out myself for the month of Jan. as I start my 30 day parasite cleansing around the 2nd week of Jan.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: roadrunner ()
Date: December 26, 2007 02:30AM

I too waterfast once a weekend (36 hours) from friday night 10 pm to sunday morning 10am, last weekend I changed it to friday noon to saturday noon (24hours)and I definately feel great. Ive only been eating fruit/greens during the day and a salad at dinner with avacado keeping it simple and its working for me. Ive been weekend waterfasting now for about 5 weeks and i can tell the difference. To end the fast I do a sea salt water flush which totally cleans you out and is harmless because the body does not absorb the salt it passes right thru and quit vigerously for about an hour,lol. cheers to fruitarianism!
Rob

Posted by: karentesh ()
Date: November 15, 2013 07:17PM

Was wondering about how many calories you eat on your regular raw eating days? Thanks!

Date: November 15, 2013 08:45PM

Hi karentesh,

I've often kept track of nutrients, but almost never keep track of calories. It's probably a lot though, and really, that's how I like it.

This is a very old thread, so it's interesting to see what I was doing in 2007. I went off the intermittent fasting (IF) for a while, but started back up again several months ago, this time with water fast 2 X per week. IF is very effective for treating dermatitis that got pretty bad for me by around April last year. I read some studies from Japan that support IF for dermatitis. It definitely works.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables