Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

An almost vegan wants to go raw
Posted by: dinesh75 ()
Date: January 01, 2008 06:06PM

hey guys,

I have an almost vegan diet (take honey in my tea), and around 40-50% of my diet is raw. However, from what I understand, it is not wise to mix raw and cooked veggies, which I do currently. Also, from the reading, I am excited about the benefits of going raw. So am thinking of going fully raw by end of this new year.

I was looking at the book "raw detox diet" by Natalia Rose. Seems interesting. Are there any books you guys would recommend? I am serious about changing my lifestyle. I also bought a juicer towards that end.

Thanks all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: An almost vegan wants to go raw
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 01, 2008 06:55PM

Mixing raw and cooked veggies is fine. In fact, you can play with this to gradually move to more raw foods. I could see how mixing cooked veggies with raw fresh sweet fruit in the same meal would be difficult. Fresh sweet fruit really wants to be in its own meal.

Good books for learning about raw foods:

'The 80/10/10 Diet" by Dr Doug Graham
"Perfect Body: Beyond The Illusion" by Roe Gallo
"The Raw Secrets: The Raw Vegan Diet in the Real World" by Frederic Patenaude

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 01, 2008 10:02PM

I agree with Bryan. Mix away. Make YOUR very small goals...after doing YOUR best research. Set your generous timetables....be kind to yourself...and DO the things on a daily basis that you are motivated and prepared to do. Regulate your own detox...and go at a pace that's right for you. Gradually increase your intake of the fresh fruits and vegetables that you love. The food should do most of the cleansing for you. Only later...you might decide to simplify your diet....and might derive some benefit from other refinements like fasting, mono-eating, colonic irrigation, etc.

-Thank you for your intelligent questions - and happy new year!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: ryandvan ()
Date: January 04, 2008 07:26AM

I've been enjoying the "Sunfood Diet" by David Wolfe, though I don't necessarily agree with all of it . . . (still not sure about David's thoughts on the CaPNaK chart . . . excepting the big fat balance issue, anyone else have any comments on the book?)

-Ryan
radicalvitality.com

Posted by: dinesh75 ()
Date: January 04, 2008 02:18PM

Thanks guys.

Bryan, I shall look at the books you mentioned.

Posted by: frances ()
Date: January 04, 2008 03:45PM

I enjoyed "Sunfood Diet" for a while, but had to stop reading it because I was bothered by David Wolfe's writing style. I found quite a few valuable tidbits in there, but he kept saying the most pompous and self-important things, as though his opinions were the only possible correct opinions. He also kept referring to himself as the world's most important authority on raw food. I found myself not liking the author and so not enjoying the reading.

Posted by: rawbryan ()
Date: January 04, 2008 11:26PM

Try RAW IN TEN MINUTES

[www.RawInTen.com] it is fast, fun and easy!

Bryan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables