Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What happened to RawGuru?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 04, 2008 03:11AM

Hello folks,

Has anyone else had problems with Raw Guru? I ordered from them in early December and I haven't received my order. I have been emailing and calling them every day and they won't respond. I thought they were trustworthy but this is the worst service I have ever received. I found their site through an ad on this message board, be careful if you are thinking about ordering.

Bryan10

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What happened to RawGuru?
Posted by: lacombe ()
Date: January 04, 2008 04:14AM

hi bryan

it sure doesn't sound like them. i ordered a new blender in november and it arrived within two weeks. i thought everything went as it should. their message board is up and working. hope you get this straightened out.

charlie

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 04, 2008 04:32AM

The order is actually from Empowered Foods. I thought Empowered Foods was the same company as Raw Guru. I am not receiving a reply from Empowered Foods. It turns out Raw Guru is a different company and is not related. I tried to edit my post but the
"Edit Post" button is missing, maybe the moderator can fix this feature

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: January 04, 2008 04:07PM

ya what happened to the edit post button?

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: January 04, 2008 07:56PM

mrdc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ya what happened to the edit post button?

You can only edit your posts for a few minutes after you post, after a small amount of time the edit button disappears.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: January 04, 2008 10:06PM

I may be incorrect, but I believe from my personal experience that RawGuru is an internet facilitator..

In other words they have an agreement with a company, or companies that actually have a warehouse with the products that we raw foodists are ordering & purchasing from them..

In March 2007 I ordered a Blend Tec blender, an Excalibur 9-tray dehydrator, & a Samson juicer; as well as 11 books from RawGuru..

The books arrived from Natural Zing, & the appliances arrived from a company that I do not recall the name of as I sit here typing this reply..

When I decided to return the juicer unopened (after deciding that it would be too troublesome for me to clean), & the blender (due to not liking various aspects of it after using it for a week); I encountered some fairly serious resistance..

After leaving a message on their answering machine, when several e-mails went unanswered, I got a call from the owner, Alex I believe his name was..

To say that he was intense over the phone would be an understatement..

After arguing unsuccessfully with me for at least 7-8 minutes to get me to change my mind about returning the blender & juicer, he reluctantly agreed to facilitate the return..

It was at this time that I discovered that RawGuru did not actually own any of the merchandise that they sell..

They merely facilitate the sales of products that they believe in..

The other thing that really pissed me off about this guy Alex was when he realized that I wasn't going to change my mind about keeping the blender; he changed his tactics & immediately went into a really hard sell on the Vita-Prep 3..

He WAS NOT a happy camper when I would not commit to purchasing the Vita-Prep 3 before getting off the phone with him..

He was very condescending towards me as the entire conversation wound down..

The whole incident over returning the juicer & blender left a really bad taste in my mouth regarding RawGuru..

Perhaps others have had better experiences than I have..

I hope so..

Bruce

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables