Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Busy Grad Student Wants Portable, Nutritious Ideas for Meals
Posted by: Catalpa ()
Date: January 04, 2008 08:10PM

Hi Folks! I am new to this forum, and I am edging towards raw (eating healthy vegetarian food with an increasing amount of raw fruits and vegetables and nuts and things until I find what makes me feel the best). I'm on winter break now, but when I'm in school we are usually in the studio ALL the time, and it's hard to get it together to have good food choices, let alone raw. What are your favorite (and nutritious!) meals when you're eating away from home? I want something that will fill me up and provide lots of good, healthy fuel (I am a swimmer and a dancer and I get hungry a lot). Also, I don't want to have to cart and entire refrigirator full of food with me to school every day. Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Busy Grad Student Wants Portable, Nutritious Ideas for Meals
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 04, 2008 10:40PM

Opinion: It's NOT hard to be raw. A small bag of fruit, or cut veggies / nuts in a container will keep a long time. While I'm away from home, a bag of apples, coconuts, and avocados keeps me going for many days. Toss in some cherries and a pineapple, and you've got yourself a deal!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: redstar_38 ()
Date: January 05, 2008 05:19AM

My lunch @ work for the past few days: a bunch of bananas & a couple of oranges....so easy & filling.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 05, 2008 05:30AM

I also eat fruits when I am away from home. They keep well and don't need refrigeration.

Posted by: uti ()
Date: January 05, 2008 05:31AM

I'm on the go away from home a lot too. It's a great way to practice mono eating. Lately it has been satsuma mandarins and romaine lettuce. In the summer lots of watermelon, sometimes just a half melon and a spoon in my cooler bag. I can always throw in a few fresh dates and celery or a quart mason jar of oj or my favorite smoothie.

About the fanciest I get lately are banana/date burritos. I slice up a banana, laying the sices out on romaine leaves, top with halved fresh dates, fold and roll the lettuce leaf and enjoy.

It's real easy to eat simply and not feel starved.

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: January 05, 2008 10:05AM

bananas!

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: January 06, 2008 09:42PM

I like juices, like carrot juice, or blended soups. Also, dates are handy and filling.

Date: January 06, 2008 09:45PM

a handful of pumpkin seeds curve my appetite quickly.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 08, 2008 01:40AM

I like to cut up vegetables and fruit and store separately in small containers in the refrigerator. Then in the morning I just grab some packages, put it in my bag and run out the door. I love celery sticks and hummus too. It fills me up and is a satisfying lunch.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: January 08, 2008 03:17AM

hah!. Kudos man.

. Like how you used the word 'Edging'
this shows a real honesty on your part for where you are at.

. Yeah you COULD eat real simple. SOme of the long-term folks on this board are VERY comfortable doing that...hah.

For me its deffinetly NOT an issue what I get to eat but consequently, always satisfied.

Suggestion: go out and get a cheap rice cooker. start a pact that any cooked stuff you eat you make yourself...all other times keep stocked up on fruits and veggies. experiement with various 'superfoods' and see how they make YOU feel.

here is what , have discovered with food choices:

- 1.) No one else knows the magic one can create with their individual interpretation of the world

kennings Resseius
www.resse.us
"Information for the REST of US"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables