Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

diet for weightlifting
Posted by: gimpyq ()
Date: January 05, 2008 12:01PM

I hope to lose a few pounds of fat and have enough energy for my weight-lifting. My diet consists of the following:
Breakfast - 3 oranges, vegan protein powder, green tea
mid-morning several bananas
late-morning, large romaine salad with red pepper, celery, tomato, lite tofu
lunch - soup
mid-afternoon several apples
dinner - green beans or broccoli, lite tofu.

Any thoughts or advice?
Love, gimpy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: diet for weightlifting
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 05, 2008 12:36PM

You might consider replacing the light tofu with some fruit or vegetables, preferably raw. Soy is toxic and should be eliminated from the diet. Don't worry about getting enough protein - if you are getting enough energy from your raw foods, you are getting enough protein.

Also, consider getting rid of the vegan protein powder. This is probably cooked, and you don't need concentrated protein in your diet. The best possible protein you could eat comes from fresh and raw fruits and vegetables.

Re: diet for weightlifting
Posted by: sweetpea ()
Date: January 05, 2008 12:56PM

My boby building partner has a green smoothie everyday which has fruit, 2 bananas, kale, spirulina, maca. He has been successfully building muscle in the last 2 years. He also makes powerhouse cookies which I'll feature in my recipe book, that he takes preworkout.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables