Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Beet juice, probiotics, growing hair! :3
Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: January 07, 2008 11:12PM

Here I come with my barrage of Q + A's for everyone!
If you can help out with any of these it'd be greatly appreciated!

1. Beet juice? I've only consumed beet juice a few times in my life. However, today at the juice bar I decided to have a blend that included beets, and was immediately reminded upon taking a few sips that beet juice gives me a horrible headache almost on impact. It also makes my body feel tense and strange. These were organic beets, definitely clean of any dirt or pesticides. Has anyone else had experiences with this? I've heard that it's likely your body pushing out toxins quickly, which is why people drink apple cider vinegar (blech).

2. Supplements and probiotics. Is it worth it, and is there any proof behind the marketing that super greens like David Wolfe's supplements or probiotics like the ones Mercola advertises are worth taking?

3. Hair growth. Are there any particular foods, supplements, or treatments I can do to make my hair grow longer? I used to take Purvana's biotin blend, I may start taking a new vitamin if anyone can give me reccomendations.

Thank you.

<3

P.S., my kitchen smells horribly of durian now that I brought home my first (and last) one.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Beet juice, probiotics, growing hair! :3
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 08, 2008 05:09AM

I just wrote down some of the nutrients to grow long healthy hair. B complex, Inositol which is a b vitamin, vit-c with bioflavnoids 2-4 grams daily.
Vit-E, Beta carotene, magnesium, sulfer, zinc, silica, horsetail at 300 mgs., nettle 250 mgs 3x a day, flaxseed oil 1 T.

Almost all those things can be found in a raw plant based diet, with lots of green leafy veggies, yummy fruits, some nuts and seeds, and while I know that Inositol is a B vitamin and if taken at 500 to 1000 mgs. a day is very good for hair it's probably better and healthier to find it in your raw foods diet. As for the herbs of horsetail and nettle..maybe tea?

I was curious as to how to grow out my hair faster since I cut it off so short. I'm already itching to go back to blonde..I'm really trying hard to not do anything to it, so if I have some routine or protocol to use maybe I won't cave in and go back to doing it blonde. It's back to its natural color now, but it's so dark! It is growing out pretty good though.

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables