Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

scared about irradiation and the FDA
Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: January 09, 2008 08:44PM

Hello, all. I just wanted to ask if anyone else gets really scared about the FDA irradiating, cloning, modifying, and doing all sorts of bad things to the fresh produce supply.

Sometimes I get really worried that I won't be able to afford or find fresh fruits and vegetables in the future because everyone says the FDA is so against the raw foods/alternative medicine movement and wanted to even label fresh fruits and vegetables as debatable sources of medication or something. I heard the FDA tried to sue David Wolfe? I don't know. It just makes me really worried.

I can't imagine a life different than this one...I want to move to Florida when I go to medical school or wherever I choose for university and buy my own land to grow fruits. I'm just becoming increasingly concerned about the availability of decent produce in the USA.

I'd just like to know that things aren't as bad as they seem.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: scared about irradiation and the FDA
Posted by: Avocadess ()
Date: January 09, 2008 09:34PM

I know. It gets kinda scary at times. Then I remember that the forces for the Good SHALL prevail. And I really believe that.

Meanwhile, I do all I can to make sure that what I am eating today is not irradiated or messed with in bad ways -- and of course eating LOCALLY GROWN produce is not only the best way to eat but the best way to assure yourself that you really do know what did or did not go into what you are eating.

Also, I'm a big believer in stocking up, as one can, on "survival foods" which are also great foods to have anyhow -- especially those we can grow ourselves, even if we live in apartments with no south or east windows (like me). I plan to get 5-lb. or 10-lb. bags of organic sprouting seeds, such as mung, alfalfa, red clover and possibly lentil, green peas and aduki beans. Assuming you can get hold of uncontaminated water, this is a great resource.

That's just the two cents I have to give for now... Hugs!

Re: scared about irradiation and the FDA
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 09, 2008 11:03PM

They CAN pass all kinds of laws....but they can never stop INDIVIDUALS from growing their own food - and living in partnership with nature. They can only tell BUSINESSES what to do! (this is all very easy for me to say....since I live in Florida....and eat much local produce...heh..heh..).

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables