Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Any Sproutarians Here?
Posted by: Avocadess ()
Date: January 09, 2008 09:48PM

I'm just now finally getting serious about trying out all the sprouts, but have to admit that I have been eschewing most beans for the past many years -- even the sprouted ones.

Now I want to try them -- like lentil sprouts and aduki sprouts and green pea sprouts.

I would like to know if anyone thinks that we would be better off abstaining from the lentils or adukis and if so why?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any Sproutarians Here?
Date: November 19, 2011 03:22PM

Yes, l am a sproutarian. The core of my diet is sprouts, but l also have seaweeds, algaes and some fruit.

Sprouted aduki and lentil sprouts are great when starting a sproutarian diet, but as time goes on and one becomes accomplished at the sproutarian diet l would suggest dropping the sprouted beans and lentils and sticking with the sprouts that grow into flowers. As the highly qualified Dr David Jubb has said, sprouted beans and lentils are hybrids that have some indigestable proteins that even soaking for four years in a barrol of water won't break down, so it's best to not overdo the sprouted beans/lentils or sprouted grains.

Try to eventually aim towards eating sesame seed sprouts, sunflower seed sprouts, buckwheat sprouts, weed sprouts, pea shoot greens, buckwheat greens, sunflower greens, chia seed sprouts, chia seed greens, flax seed sprouts, flax seed greens, alfalfa sprouts, brocolli sprouts, radish seed sprouts, fenugreek sprouts, various nut sprouts and many other sprouts that eventually will grow into a flower.

These are the perfect frugivore foods for the modern age because the electromagnetic vibration, pre-digested protein, nutrition and sunlight is at a maximum of any vegan diet. Eating fresh high amino acid/sunlight foods is everything!!!

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: November 19, 2011 11:30PM

Sproutarian man,
Beans and lentils are flowering plants. Technically speaking grains are a flowering plant. I am talking botanically, not by common thoughts about flowers being things like roses or iris.

I am thinking that maybe something like pine nuts would not be a flowering plant. If you ate moss, or ferns those also would be a non-flowering plants. However I am not sure if moss is anything a human should be eating. Many ferns are toxic also.

Date: November 20, 2011 05:56AM

Mislu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sproutarian man,
> Beans and lentils are flowering plants.
> Technically speaking grains are a flowering plant.
> I am talking botanically, not by common thoughts
> about flowers being things like roses or iris.
>
> I am thinking that maybe something like pine nuts
> would not be a flowering plant. If you ate moss,
> or ferns those also would be a non-flowering
> plants. However I am not sure if moss is anything
> a human should be eating. Many ferns are toxic
> also.

Oh yes, you are right. l don't understand what was up with me yesterday, l made afew obvious errors in some of my posts. Maybe it was to do with being busy and posting after being awake almost 24 hours.

l mean that lentils and beans are hybrids according to botanical expert Dr David Jubb and have indigestable proteins, so not so good for haman beings being consumed in large quantities. l never wanted to believe it because my diet was very heavy in those foods, but l can't deny the science.

Regards.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: November 20, 2011 01:25PM

The core information is interesting and it sounds like something I have heard before. Thank you for posting it. so what happens to undigested proteins? I think there is always something undegested in food, but fiber is different from proteins.

I hope you get some sleep.And its ok to make mistakes, I was just curious to know where people got their information. I have posted information which seemed mostly correct, but then there was some little bit that was just a little bit off science wise. I posted anyway, but then later said...hey, wait a minute!

When I was a teenager I went through a sprout phase. I had never heard of raw foods, but I had heard about sprouts having wonderful things. I remember living basically on just one type for what seemed like several weeks or months, alfalfa. It wasn't based on any information, just that it was the only thing that tasted good to me at the time. I often wondered if I did damage to my body from doing it. It may not have even been that long, perhaps only a few days.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables