Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I joined an organic co-op buying club and ...
Posted by: mameyluver ()
Date: January 13, 2008 05:27PM

I don't know what to do with half the stuff I got. I love the idea of getting lots of stuff for far cheaper than I would at like say, Whole Foods, and supporting the local farmers, but I wish I could have some say over the sort of stuff I get in this club.

For instance, I received butternut squash, eggplant and potatos. Anyone have any simple ideas as to how to prepare them without having to cook them and still have them somewhat tasty (less prep the better)?

xoxo,
Lita

[paintedrenderings.blogspot.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I joined an organic co-op buying club and ...
Posted by: Avocadess ()
Date: January 13, 2008 05:35PM

Do you have a dehydrator? Eggplant slices make for great raw pizza crusts!

The butternut squash I have seen raw recipes for -- esp. for soups I think. Do you have a good blender where you can put peeled and chopped squash in it and then add some pure water and maybe a little tahini or other nut butter plus some Celtic sea salt and a few herbs?

The potatoes are the hardest. I would like to know if there really is such a thing as a good recipe for raw potatoes. I have heard many times though that fresh raw potato juice has been used successfully for healing.

Posted by: frances ()
Date: January 13, 2008 07:27PM

I've never managed to enjoy raw potatoes. I've tried blending them. I tried slicing them thin and dehydrating into potato chips. Someone else might have liked them, but I thought they were vile and they went straight into the compost bin.

I've been meaning to try making a raw eggplant baba ganouj, and I have hope it'll be yummy, but I don't know yet.

Posted by: ryandvan ()
Date: January 13, 2008 08:47PM

So if someone else in the club is willing to swap you out! Maybe that have some stuff they don't want!

-Ryan
radicalvitality.com

Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: January 13, 2008 09:02PM

I consciously choose to not join such programs because I know they will include produce that is difficult to eat raw.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables