Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Eating Raw in Vail...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 13, 2008 08:13PM

Greetings all:

I'm leaving on this Tuesday on an 8 day trip to Vail with a group of friends. I am the only one who is a raw foodie. I was wondering if any wise soul out there, who is familiar with the scene in Vail/Aspen could point me in the direction of like minded people. I'm hoping there are a few raw resources and restaurants I could call home. I won't have my juicer or blender with me, and I'm already suffering separation anxiety. Juices are essential to my diet. I'm 98% raw for those who identify with percentages.

I live in Miami where eating raw is easy and second nature. I'm blessed to have incredible access to fresh organic produce and other resources. I just discovered Veggiemunn - a lady that prepares delicious gourmet raw delicacies and delivers a week's worth every Monday! I digress...

Please help if you know anyone or anything that can keep me raw in the cold winter of Colorado.

Bless.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Eating Raw in Vail...
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 13, 2008 08:16PM

I don't...but I'm in Central Florida - and get down Miami way quite often. I'll PM you next time I visit - and treat you to a fresh Jamba Juice Orange Juice!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: January 14, 2008 02:58AM

Vail does not even have a natural food store or an organic scene. I was up there for xmas and had a hard time even ordering steamed veggies. The food tends to be elegant and gourmet. Good luck. But you can get a salad anywehre.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 15, 2008 01:35AM

Thank you all for your responses. I will give the restaurant card a try. It's a gentle, undemanding approach that leaves the creativity to the chef. Great solution I hope to get positive results. I've accepted that I'll probably be eating a lot of "house" salads.

In gratitude.
Tinaji

Posted by: Avocadess ()
Date: January 17, 2008 04:11PM

How strange. The restaurant card is deleted? Why?

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 17, 2008 10:04PM

What do you mean Avocadess? The card is there, but the formatting looks a bit funny.

Date: January 17, 2008 11:59PM

Thanks for letting me know, Bryan! For some reason it is no longer showing up on my screen at all, as if it were deleted. But if you say you see it I'll believe you! winking smiley

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: January 18, 2008 04:45AM

i see no restaurant card

Date: January 18, 2008 02:50PM

Well, here it is again then:

I EAT ONLY RAW, UNCOOKED FOODS and would like a fruit, salad or vegetable plate with only fresh, uncooked (raw) items:

lettuce avocado zucchini lemon/lime
cauliflower spinach mushrooms tomatoes
sprouts scallions arugula apples
cilantro yellow squash cucumber radishes
cabbage red bell pepper jalapeƱo pears
carrot celery onion beets
walnuts pecans pine nuts kale
banana melons berries pineapple
olive oil coconut garlic

Thank you for your creative efforts!!

(I actually put the foods in four columns but this software throws it all together. This is not the same as but modified from Victoria Boutenko's idea by the way.)

Date: January 18, 2008 02:52PM

I should add that I put this on an index card and hand it to the waiter or waitress and ask him/her to give it to the chef or cook. I have had very good luck with this and it is especially nice when I take my own dressing. Almost every restaurant kitchen in America DOES have SOME raw food, so it works really well.

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: January 18, 2008 08:51PM

great idea

p.s. now it's there

Date: January 19, 2008 12:21AM

Cool. winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables