Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Lower tolerance and strong hang overs after going 75% raw
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 15, 2008 04:43PM

Has anyone experienced worse hang overs after going raw(well 75% for me)
My Girlfriend and I enjoy some brews at home on the weekend and find ourselves experiencing a much more hardcore hangover then before.. i assumed it was due adopting a raw lifestyle. anyone?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lower tolerance and strong hang overs after going 75% raw
Posted by: lemoned ()
Date: January 15, 2008 07:37PM

Eating raw and drinking usually gives me a buzz quicker and a bigger one, too, because the food is generally lighter. Of course, there are bad ones, too, like when eating only fruit and then drinking <-- bad idea.

But hangovers...actually less as far as I remember. Unless the alcohol is doing something funny with the raw food in your stomach.
I several times had an allergic reaction to rucola salad+alcohol where I started feeling hot, turned lobster red all over my body and my breathing was slightly difficult.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 15, 2008 08:30PM

Hang Overs from alcohol..I'm sure it's true! I get sick now just from ingesting things like chocolate candy that I was once addicted to! How long before I could say I'm not addicted to chocolate..5 and 1/2 years! But it finally happened and if I never eat another piece of chocolate I won't be SAD about itsmiling smiley

I learned that after you are at a certain point in your own body with being 'clean' (you could still need much more work on clearing out stuff, and losing fat, etc.) and you ingest something that is not from the raw plant food world, you are going to pay for it with being sick, or some other unwanted symptoms. Wow..I love my body! It actually speaks to me and I can now hear some of what it's telling me.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: frances ()
Date: January 15, 2008 09:37PM

When I started eating raw foods I immediately found that I had next to no tolerance for alcohol. I got drunk quickly and felt lousy in the morning. I think it's because my food was digesting easier and faster so there was less bulk in my stomach to dilute it and slow it's absorption into my bloodstream.

After a few months I found that my capacity for alcohol had become higher than it ever had been in the past. I guess my liver was running at top efficiency. I started to require too much alcohol to get a light buzz, and over time I'm finding that I'm progressively less inclined to bother drinking at all. When I do drink I feel it in the morning, but it's a subtle difference I wouldn't notice at all if I weren't feeling so much better on raw food. In my pre-raw days I would not have called it a hangover.

Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: January 15, 2008 11:15PM

I think your percentage of raw (and this is just a guess, since I know nothing about your eating habits) is too low to ensure that you'd have an easy morning after experience with alcohol. I don't think combining alcohol with a raw food diet is a good idea in any situation, but if you must, I believe that organic wine with minimal sulfates is the best bet.

Posted by: selenes512 ()
Date: January 15, 2008 11:15PM

Yes! I used to be a heavy drinker, and it took me a long time to get drunk and I never got significant hangovers. The first time I drank after being a steady rawfoodist, I had about 3 glasses of wine. I was drunk. VERY drunk. I then proceeded to puke all night (litereally) and felt so sick the next morning I was curled up in the fetal position convinced that I was dying. All this from 3 glasses of wine, when I used to down 10 shots in a night and feel fine. My body was definately telling me what it wants, and what it doesnt want. So now I just dont drink anymore, and dont have any desire to anyways =)

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: January 16, 2008 05:01AM

3 oz. of wine now and my legs feel like sequoia trunks. angry smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables