Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

natural hormone ?
Posted by: Lejla ()
Date: January 16, 2008 06:11PM

My friend referred me to a doctor, who does not agree hormone replacement therapy. He evaluates the hormone levels by saliva sample and he gives natural hormones to the body. My friend really happy with her result.
I don`t have really big hormonal problem and since I am raw eater the discomfort connected with hormonal cycle is decreased. But I struggled with candida for so long (I guess I am still not entirely cleaned them out) and they disrupt the hormonal balance and attack the thyroid.
I don`t know that playing with very powerful substances as hormones could be ever natural and safe. It is costly too, I just don`t know if it worth it. Or is it better just wait until the my body caching up and finds the right hormonal balance?

Do you have any experience about it?
I appreciate any help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: natural hormone ?
Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: January 17, 2008 02:14PM

Lejla,

Your sense is right on I think. Eating raw is the safest way to correct imbalances. I am always tempted to try something new and different and natural
to make my healing go faster - and if it doesn't sound to hard on your body go for it if you are absolutely sure it is not harmful. Most people here would tell you the best thing is to stick to a healthy raw food diet and then one thing heals which leads to another thing healing and so on. While I felt amazing when I first stopped eating cooked food, over a year later things are still improving, it's just more subtle now.

Posted by: Avocadess ()
Date: January 17, 2008 03:30PM

Maca root is said to be a hormone balancer and is raw. winking smiley

Date: January 19, 2008 03:04AM

thank you for the replies Dulset and Avocadess. I think
I wait and give more time to my body and I`m going to research maca.

Lejla

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 19, 2008 03:10AM

When you take a hormone, this causes your body to reduce it output of hormones. So you then create a dependency on external hormones and your body loses its ability to create that hormone. It is much better to create the conditions for health in your body with a raw vegan diet, plenty of rest and sleep, exercise, fresh air, sunshine, reduced stress and worry, etc to get your hormones into balance.

Also, eat too much fat will put your hormone production out of balance. Take a look at your raw fat intake and if it is over 20% your or caloric intake, consider lowering it to 20% or less.

Date: January 19, 2008 05:29PM

Thanks. This is exactly what I was afraid of. If i create a balance by putting hormones in my body, than my system will stop working on the problem and I can`t stop taking this outer source of hormones.

I did`t read the 8-1-1 book, but I really getting close to that eating pattern and I try lower my fat intake.
I believe that my body naturally going to work on balancing hormones.

Lejla

Posted by: No5 ()
Date: January 20, 2008 12:37AM

Bryan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When you take a hormone, this causes your body to
> reduce it output of hormones. So you then create a
> dependency on external hormones and your body
> loses its ability to create that hormone.

Do you mind if I ask where you got this information?

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 20, 2008 12:46AM

No5,

Sorry, I don't remember the source. I've read hundreds of books on health and healing, and I can't remember which one stated this. But this also matches my experience of taking external agents to help with various body functions, and the dependency that ensues.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables