Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Why do people take bee pollen as raw foodists?
Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: January 17, 2008 02:02PM

Can someone explain this to me? I never saw where it fit in with anything. I understand that it has a lot of vitamins and minerals that you can't find anywhere else, but I still don't get it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why do people take bee pollen as raw foodists?
Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: January 17, 2008 02:45PM

Both times I tried it I got horrible stomach pain--I think some people are probably sensitive to it because it is bee food. But if I could take it, and increase the diversity of my diet slightly (without counting on it), I might do it sometimes.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 17, 2008 03:07PM

I don't consume any animal product - to the extent possible. This is a vegan board...so I'm sure the majority do not consume or advocate it's use. I certainly do not. I cannot vouch for ze others! LOL.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: January 17, 2008 03:32PM

I think our natural diet would have included many edible flowers. So eating bee pollen can compensate for this.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: ferg ()
Date: January 17, 2008 07:07PM

I think bee pollen contains B-12. I believe that is why a lot of raw foodists would consume it... also suppose to give energy to boot. There was an interesting thread on another raw foodist board: some people were okay with bee products as long as bee farmers that treat the bee's humanely.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 17, 2008 09:33PM

I hear you DJ. That's true. In my opinion...it's not about what we do unconsciously or without choice....but doing all we can with consciousness and choice / options. Don't you think?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables