Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

FDA for Cloned Meat
Posted by: Snugglebunny ()
Date: January 17, 2008 06:25PM

Ugh, I'm sure some of you have heard this on the news already (in the States, at least). Apparently, our friendly FDA has stated officially that "cloned meat is okay, safe, and legal to sell and consume."

If I weren't a raw vegan already, I think this would make me seriously reconsider putting meat into my system. >.<

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FDA for Cloned Meat
Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: January 17, 2008 07:52PM

I think there is a big disconnect in a meat eaters heart between the beautiful living breathing animal and the neatly packaged meat products they find in the grocery store. A deep denial of the reality of the animals suffering when slaughtered. I know I was there for years.

I think some meat eaters may briefly feel some compassion for the animals they eat when they picture that wobbly legged clone and think "it can't be, they wouldn't kill that cute lamb and sell it to me for 1.99 a lb?"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2008 08:01PM by Dulset.

Posted by: Avocadess ()
Date: January 18, 2008 12:02AM

I think this will help me during moments of weakness to say to myself, "This may be cloned, this may be cloned!" I do have that "disconnect" when it comes to eating meat and dairy sometimes. I've been trying very hard to rid myself of it, but it is taking years and years. Luckily (or not), if I do eat things like beef I get such painful side effects that I have a great disincentive!~

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: January 18, 2008 05:36AM

link?

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: January 18, 2008 05:42AM

nevermind i just read it on msnbc that's weird.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables