Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is this regamen adequate?
Posted by: ksandberg2002 ()
Date: January 18, 2008 08:11PM

Hey everyone!

I have a question:

If all you wanted to do every day was juice everything & drink green smoothies (and fruit smoothies) every day would that be healthy? I mean are you getting enough calories and nutrition (i.e. vitamins, minerals, etc.)? Could I sustain this way for a long period of time health wise?

For example could I do this?:

Breakfast - Fruit Smoothie

Snack - Wheatgrass juice

Lunch - Green Smoothie

Snack - GreenSuperFood drink

Dinner - Veggie Soup Smoothie

Thanks for ALL your input and advise on this!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is this regamen adequate?
Posted by: shaine ()
Date: January 18, 2008 08:45PM

it seems that saying you'd like to do this long-term is too restrictive...if it were me, I'd break it with not just a binge on raw nuts and dates, but probably some sweet processed thing. Also, not really enough fruit for me.
maybe this would be good to lose a little weight and get ready for 100%.
Maybe your will is amazing.
try it, but I wouldn't be afraid to stray from this for the pleasure of chewing.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 18, 2008 11:18PM

-Shaine has a good point. I would think it would depend on the state of your internal cleanliness.....and experience eating that way. If you were comfortable doing so...and sure you are getting all the nutrition you need....whose to stop you my friend? (The raw food police are pretty non-existent!).

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: January 19, 2008 12:55AM

David -

So far (the last 2 days) has been really easy but getting "sure you are getting all the nutrition you need" is what I'm kind of worried about. HOW do you know if you are or aren't? I know that the biggest thing I've noticed is my energy level is off the roof : ) which is a nice change for someone like me who is constantly fatigued!

Date: January 19, 2008 01:04AM

It's a good question Ksand. I'll take a stab at it. In terms of 'macronutrients' (your protein, carbs, and fats)...then one can certainly be assured that one is getting adequate amounts of these things from a fresh, raw plant food diet. I think that further identifying the MAIN micro-nutrients that are of concern: Vitamin A, B-complex, C, D, etc......you can certainly verify you are getting large amounts of these nutrients in a bio-available form by just searching them in the Nutrient Database (just google 'Nutrient Database'...or find the recent thread). Then its a simple matter to hunt out the more obscure nutrients and minerals....and find fresh fruits, vegetables, sprouts and nuts that you are sure meet what you think are your needs. As to B-12? That is certainly your call....whether to supplement, try to get it from raw sources and soil....or just don't worry about it. winking smiley

-Beginners can often be helped by simply eating LARGE amounts of fresh fruits and vegetables that they LOVE.....eating more often....staying full......snacking on fresh, raw plant foods......and eating a WIDE variety over the course of their days, weeks, months & years.

-I CAN share my own experience....of eating just fresh raw plant foods for perhaps 7 or 8 years......and only fruit for the past couple. I'm certainly the healthiest and happiest guy I know.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: January 19, 2008 04:25PM

Thanks David I will check out that website and thanks for all your help, advice and support!

By the way what do you think of cashew milk? I read you don't have to strain it but unlike almond milk which your drinking the "water" that cashew milk is all the cashew and water. It sounds like less work and I would probably like it better than almond milk because I don't like almonds but I wanted to know if you have ever tried it and what you think....or anyone else that reads this : )

Thanks again!!!!!!

Date: January 20, 2008 01:07AM

Never tried making nut milks. But it's more 'intentional' eating...so it sounds good to me. I never did the cashew thing...because actual fresh, edible cashews are expensive and rare (heck...even almonds are now). I suppose if the nut milk thing were important to me now...I would probably make a malted sunflower seed milk. Heh..heh.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables